No XP cap from fighting Barbarians

War Chicken

Warlord
Hello fellow Civfanatics.

I wrote my first little mod - it removes the XP cap at 30 experience that can be gained from fighting barbarians.

I'm surprised that it was so easy - the biggest problem was handeling ModBuddy for a coding noob like me :)

If you have feedback or an Idea how it can easily (!!!) be done to also make barbarians only give half XP-amount (to balance it out a little again), then go ahead and post here or send a PM to me.

The mod can be found on the CiV internal Mod browser and I also attached it here.

Have fun!

Attachments

• No XP Cap from Barbarians (v 1).civ5mod
    1.3 KB · Views: 10,045
Half XP in general or from fighting barbarians?

If you want a general half XP mod, I can make that with few more effort than this one. Just let me know. Have no clue how to tell the game that only fights with barbarians should give half XP, tho...

I don't know about unlimited XP, but could this be tweaked to cap the xp at 60 (3 promotions) instead of 30?

Hey mate... nvm. Did it myself. I'm really dumb sometimes. Just a matter of changing -1 to 60.

Thanks for the mod!!!

I am new to mods, I have made a map and now I want to use this Mod with the custom map. How do I do this? 0

Did you know that your mod changes the graphics for the barbarian units? I quite frequently fight a caveman that looks like a spearman with shields.

Here are the mods I am using:
All promotions description tooltip v.8
Naval counterattack v.1
Total mod v.7
True start locations earth maps v.1
Unit Marine with new graphics v.1

Please let me know when you get this fixed if it is something that even needs to be fixed. Thanks!

This is a mere three lines of code that was not touched by the patch. I haven't played with it since the patch, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work.

Hell, I know I'm 2 years late with my answer... sorry - I bad a big break from CIV with lots of other games including lots and lots of Minecraft...

To the change in Graphics - that has to be either a bug in Civ5 or one of your other mods. As Feyd Rautha said - This mod hardly deserves to be called mod, since it's really just 3 lines of code overriding one rule of the original game.
Sorry.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9105P mit Tapatalk-4

I tried to mod with the Community Balance Patch. Although at their page it is listed as working without problems, it turned out to have no effect - and I have found the reason. This mod changes BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE to 45 and this overrides any changes made by the other mods (maybe I would need to change load order or so). A workaround: in the mof files change the file MODS\(2) Community Balance Overhaul\Balance Changes\CoreDefines.sql (at my computer this is in my user profile among the Civ V files) and change the value to -1.

Top Bottom