Nobles' Club 212: Hannibal of Carthage

Spoiler T220 Thieving from Mansa :

Decided to not ship everything over to Gilga when I'm standing right next to mansa. I saw that I could reach two of Mansas cities (Karakorum+Beshebalik) with siege T0 if going through Gengis land (Can DoW GK, then move in, then DoW Mansa next turn.)
One juicy (non-hill) city of mansa is also standing with only 3 infantry in reach for cavalery (Kumbi Saleh), with a revolt I can take it to.
Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG

Gilga reaches AL too, have redirected EPs to Mansa now, but had enough to get this and to put him back into hindu again.
Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

I should have given Asoka steampower the turn before he reached artilery, that way I could have traded for it right away. Now I'm a turn behind. :(
Thats really bad, because Gilga has DoWed GK, and his days are numbered.
I was also stupid and joined in on the war for diplo points with Gilga, but didn't think about my loyal vassal Asoka, who promply rode toward GK with cavalery.
Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG

He trades artilery for electricity with Mansa.
I trade my stuff for artilery, couldn't get both.
But I missed the opportunity to strike Mansas cities through mongolian culture, I might have had the chance if I managed to get artilery a turn earlier.
Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG

T219 I gift Old Sarai (loaded with spies) to Mansa and steal rocketry+mil/sci.
I then trade those for elecricity with Asoka T220, so I can continue the thiefing spree:
5 spies is light, but I only _need_ industrialism, radio can wait. However I was lucky and got all of mansas stuff, even took Mass Media too. :)

I DoW Mansa this turn, but hold up with my stack in safety, want him to fill up Old Sarai with his stack of doom.
Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG

Spoiler T241 War with Mansa until capitulation :

Asoka didn't miss out on the opportunity to strike the empty city of Old Sarai, but Mansa retook it promptly and filled it upp with goodies.
Artillery+macemen is a wonderful combination. :)
Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG

0% slider now, want to upgrade some more artilery. Just held up inside my territory while Asoka took some beating. When the first tank is out of the door I dare jump into Mansas territory.
Most of those infantry in my stack is old CR3 maces, so this is a extremly fragile offensive stack. Tanks will go along the combat line to act as shields.
Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG

Mace beats tank.
Mansa already want to give me 1000g for peace, after this city I take a breif ceasefire while healing up units.
Lost the few workers I had, so can't build railroads quick enough which is very annoying. :(
Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG

Redeclare two turns later, the strikepoint against Gao was on a hill so I dared to go a turn earlier and instead leave most tanks to defend Kumbi Saleh.
Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG

Later still, when going for Timbuktu, I get hit on the open field. Tanks are sturdy enough to take the beating and stack is large enough to spread the collateral though.
Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG

Can't remember, but I think I just bombarded with my injured artillery, but it could be that I did a revolt here too.
Ceasefire again. :)
Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG

With more and more tanks entering the field, I just continued to push onwards. After losing Djenne Mansa wants to capitulate.
I think thats OK, I have taken enough of his old core that him going culture on me is impossible.
Qin and Capac are continuing their bromance with Qin breaking up and making up over and over again. Have built alot of transports now and think I should ship over my old stack with what tanks I have to their island now while building up a larger collection of tanks to tackle Gilgamesh.
Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG

I want flight to build bombers. Told Asoka to go fission way back and he is getting there, but if I try to get it from Asoka and half-tech flight, I'm almost certain that they will trade inbetween turns.
Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG

Spoiler T270 Capac joins the team, Qin leaves the board and about to drop the hammer on Gilga. :

Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

T251 Qin broke free, took peace treaty with him and then Capac folded.
Just moved units very quickly here, throwing a bunch away, gave Capac all cities back, took all of Qins cities and gave them to capac too.
Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG

Finally I'm getting MY continent.
Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG

Top Bottom