• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Nobles' Club XXXVIII: Ghengis Khan

@Jughead Spock:
Spoiler :
I used to avoid settling on plains hills, too, but others convinced me it was worth doing. I still feel uneasy about it, though. Do you plan to try the Horse Archer strategy TMIT described?

@ilikepies: A belated congratulations on your first Noble win!
Spoiler :
My plan for not crashing the economy is to burn everything :mwaha: :ar15: -- we'll see how it works out. Though I am building a few cottages.

@dalamb
Spoiler :

I used pured HA rush, and crushed everybody. :D The trick is stop researching early (probably right after writting) and 100% cash to support more cities for chops. HA, HA, HA... and Kill, Kill, Kill!!! Of course, one victim at a time and give the victim no time to build up his army. Dash for capitals first, clean up smaller cities later.

@dalamb

Spoiler :

You want the keshik rush right? Not the normal cottage your capital way or some rex. So, once you have keshiks, devote yourself into building more and supporting more of them. That's all you want to do. And they are more than enough for the job on this map. You don't want to delay your game until your opponents has LBs. Then your Keshiks are almost out of dates. You can assign a few scientists for your tech if you really want to. In my game, I was far from CoL, very, very far at the end of the game. Let's have an ALL OUT WAR, now. :D

@dalamb

Spoiler :

Sorry, work/life has taken me away since I got started. I don't have a specific rush strategy in mind here, but have done no open borders with anyone, and have Ethiopia down to its last city ~100AD.

It took me forever to get Keshiks, first because the horses were outside my boundaries (c'monnnnn monument, do your thing), then I'd taken too many of the Ethiopian cities and my coffers were low low low for developing HR.

So, anyway, will be getting back to it soon. Ethiopians are all but gone, and I'm just starting on my Keshik rush. I chopped as few forests as possible in anticipation. :D

4000 - 2975 BC
2975 - 1050 BC
1050-440 BC

A strategic error; I'm going to have to back up and try something else.
Spoiler :
Monty was at war with Mehmed. I attacked Monty but by the time I was done Mehmed was incredibly strong. With Monty's cities in place I would have had a short shot at Istanbul, but was pushed far back by border expansion once Monty was gone. I'm going to back up to just before I attacked Monty and go after the Ottomans instead.

4000 - 2975 BC
2975 - 1050 BC
1050-440 BC (first attempt)

I backed up to change targets.
Spoiler :
Last time around, by the time I took out Monty, Mehmed was too strong and his cultural borders had expanded around Istanbul (my first target, according to the advice I got about going for capitals first), which would have delayed my attack by several turns.

At the start of combat, I was in position to reach Istanbul in one turn, and to take out Mehmed's iron and copper in one turn also (in that stack near the copper, one of the Kheshiks was my super-medic, who also has +1 movement and thus was able to raze raze in the same turn he arrives at the copper).

After Istanbul I swept counterclockwise to get Konya, Ankara, Bursa, and then Edirne. Edirne should have been first, since by the time I got back to it Mehmed had reconnected his copper and generated a couple more spearmen, which cost a Kheshik or two between them. Also I think my initial 20 Kheshiks weren't enough (16 near Istanbul, 2 each by the metal); I had to stop to heal for a couple of turns after Ankara, then again after Bursa, rather than just stomp my way through. I don't need any more for Monty, the obvious next target, but I may need a lot more when I go after Gilgamesh (PRO) -- and maybe Roosevelt, since he and Giggles are buddies and so R. might capitulate to G. for protection.
I'd appreciate some advice on using all the great generals you get when constantly warring with an IMP leader:
Spoiler :
First GG was a super-medic; second two went in my best production city so the Kneshiks get 3+4+2+2=11 XP and 3 promotions. What do I do with the 4th who just showed up? Put him in a 2nd (weaker) production city, for 9XP? Use him to make some sort of super-attacker unit? 11+20 XP give 6 promotions; I could get Combat VI (+75% total) or Tactics+Flanking II for 80% withdrawl and 3 other, e.g. Comat III. Any advice?
Plus a question about adopting a religion:
Spoiler :
All the AIs but Monty are Hindu, and that's just spread to Gepid, a fairly decent production city when not whipped to death. Should I convert to get the diplo bonus, so that attacking one of them is less likely to get the others to hate me? or is that offset by a :mad: penalty in my cities for attacking our brothers of the faith? Should I take the trouble to have Gepid produce missionaries to give the +1 :) in my cities to offset whipping :mad:?

I guess i am a bit late. Not an actual game but i couldn't find time to play until now. I had never tried an early conquest before this game. So it was a good experience.

P.S: I usually play on prince.

Noble/Epic 280 AD Conquest

Spoiler :
I settled 4 cities, built granaries, monuments, libraries, barracks and gers in all cities. Then pumped out keshiks as fast as i could. Built the oracle and got feudalism. Then i followed this order:

- Razed 2 cities of Zara and he capitulated.
- Gandhi capitulated without war.
- Razed 3 cities of Roosevelt and he capitulated.
- Mehmed and Montezuma gave up too after razing a few of their cities.
- And finally razed 2 cities of Gilgamesh by new keshik stack. He capitulated and the game was over before my main stack arrived.

Top Bottom