Noob Here: Pirate Coves?

Build a workboat. Move it to a costal square not within 2 of another pirate cove. There will be an option for the work boat to build a pirate cove.

Best wishes,

Breunor

By coastal, do you mean a water tile next to a ground tile or a ground tile next to a water tile?

I have tried both, without an option. :( Maybe I'm missing a tech?

By Coastal Tile he means a water tile next to land (which will have the terrain type "Coast" listed in the tile information that you can see by holding the mouse cursor over the tile).

The tile must also not have a water resource (Fish, Clams, Crabs, Pearls) in it (much to my chagrin).

What version of FfH2 are you playing? There was an earlier version in which Work Boats were bugged and could not build Coves...so if you're not using the latest version (0.41m) then you might want to try patching to version M.

That's version 0.41d. I believe that Pirate Cove construction works just fine in that version.

If you patch to version M your saved games will be broken (unable to load or continue them). Unless you are prepared to abandon your current games, you should wait to patch until you finish the ones you are currently playing.

You gotta be lanun. You have to get a fishing boat to a COAST, not deeper water.

Fishing boat, the ones you use to claim fish and crabs and clams and pearls.

@Emptiness, I had this same problem with 0.41d. I upgraded to version j and it worked after that. To the OP, I'm sorry, but it sounds like you're going to have to either play this game without pirate coves or start another game.

I just started playing my first game ever as Lanun, and holy crap are Pirate Coves good (well, once, they upgrade to Pirate Ports in 30 turns). I would definitely install the patch and restart the game rather than play without them.

Eh, I restarted. Nice to be patched, anyway.

And @Eugene, holy crap, they are indeed good. (I typed god by accident there, which is also pretty accurate.)

Top Bottom