Noob questions

Vidarrr

Chieftain
Hi

I am currently platina this mod (the version that comes With BTS) for the first time and have some questions. I play Spain.

1. I am not able to attack independent states like Rome or Massilia. How do i do that?
2. When i enter bysantine lands he doesnt talk. WHy?
3. How do i know that a civ is destroyed?
4. Does it Matter if I settle My colonies in historical spanish places or could i settle say South Africa instead?
5. How difficult are the levels compared to normal BTS? I beat monarch and win more often than not on emperor.

Thanks in advance.

Vidarrr

Hi

I am currently platina this mod (the version that comes With BTS) for the first time and have some questions. I play Spain.

1. I am not able to attack independent states like Rome or Massilia. How do i do that?
2. When i enter bysantine lands he doesnt talk. WHy?
3. How do i know that a civ is destroyed?
4. Does it Matter if I settle My colonies in historical spanish places or could i settle say South Africa instead?
5. How difficult are the levels compared to normal BTS? I beat monarch and win more often than not on emperor.

Thanks in advance.

Vidarrr
1. Enter they territory with some units. You would be questioned whether to declare war or not.
2. Byzantium is a minor civilization, just like the Independents, the Independents, the Natives and the Celts. You can't have any diplomacy with them.
3. You are informed, just like in vanilla.
4. It's better for you stability to settle in historical places.
5. Viceroy is a rather easy level for beginners, Monarch is a medium level and Emperor is a level for people who want to have a more challenging game.

The previous answers were all correct, including the answer to this question. Additional information that you may need however is that you cannot use the "Go To" method of directing your troops to attack the Independents (such as Rome). You have to use either the NumPad or right-click inside their territory to enter.

All the previous answers are correct. A couple of things that confused me when I first started:

To declare war on the independents, you move unit(s) into their territory and nothing happens. When you try to move them again immediately you get the question if you want to declare war.

If you invade a country's "core" area and take a couple of cities, that Civ will usually collapse in a couple of turns.

I'd rank Viceroy at somewhere between Chieftaina and Warlord. Monarch on RFC feels like Prince on BTS. However, with the great difference in strengths of Civs when they start in RFC some will feel easier or harder. Also, some concepts in RFC are quite different from BTS so allow a game or so for the learning curve. Stability and plagues are two of the obvious differences than can beat you if you aren't ready for them.

The previous answers were all correct, including the answer to this question. Additional information that you may need however is that you cannot use the "Go To" method of directing your troops to attack the Independents (such as Rome). You have to use either the NumPad or right-click inside their territory to enter.

Aha, cunning, that explains a lot, thanks.

All the previous answers are correct. A couple of things that confused me when I first started:

To declare war on the independents, you move unit(s) into their territory and nothing happens. When you try to move them again immediately you get the question if you want to declare war.

If you invade a country's "core" area and take a couple of cities, that Civ will usually collapse in a couple of turns.

I'd rank Viceroy at somewhere between Chieftaina and Warlord. Monarch on RFC feels like Prince on BTS. However, with the great difference in strengths of Civs when they start in RFC some will feel easier or harder. Also, some concepts in RFC are quite different from BTS so allow a game or so for the learning curve. Stability and plagues are two of the obvious differences than can beat you if you aren't ready for them.

I guess restarting at monarch seems reasonable then. Viceroy felt a bit too easy.

Top Bottom