Nooma 1 - 5CC Pangaea

Played 10 turns and then checked and found no crash on the 1961 IT. :)
Significant changes:
I accidentally ended the turn early in 1938 before sending the troops, so they got there a turn late; Sabratha was also razed a turn later in 1946.
The attempted steal of Persia's electronics failed this time; the spy was replanted.
WW didn't hit until turn 10 (probably because I noticed Persian ships this time).
Probably because of more bombers due to the lack of anarchy, Samaria was razed a turn earlier in 1951. In 1953 (turn 10), bombers killed all the units in Sardis, and troops were dropped next to it.
Since war weariness just hit, I'd suggest trading with Carthage to get communism and revolting (should save ~100gpt compared to 30% lux in republic).

Attachments

• Nooma1_1953_AD.SAV
    214.6 KB · Views: 102
In the bin for Friday AM.

Well I made it to 1967 . took a few turns extra to get out the anarchy that ensued when I bought Communism from Hannibal, after making sure he had a bolt hole to run to should Monte get frisky.

It was pretty much more of the same, shell, bomb and burn towns

Did manage to burn down Sidon on the second try

after X-man wiped out that stack with his Modern Armor and Mech Infantry, lost the tank army and its replacement general when he threw everything but the kitchen sink at us.

Bought some Ivory from Monte on the opener to quiet the rioting populace

Then had to go back and do the same with the gems which his culture took away from us.

Communism cost Iron, Silks and Atomic Theory but once the anarchy was over the income went back to over 200 gpt.

When I couldn't force and hold a landing spot on X-man's home island I set out to bomb him back to the Stone Age. His jets made mincemeat of the bomber force, but we can produce fast enough to get the bombers back and I did shoot down or destroy on their airfield six of them. He has to run out soon as he has no oil.

He still has a least one more Modern Armor and a ton of MechInf with which to oppose any landing we make and there really is no suitable terrain to hold onto while we absorb his attacks. Losing three transports of tanks and an army was expensive and he just rebuilt the town anyway.

It is strictly attrition now, I can;t come up with any sort of grand tactic that will sweep all before us.

got it...got some connection problem...hope our provider can sort that out soon

save

Pre-Turn
massive game with massive war...we really need to take care of Persia fast

1.1968AD
move troops towards Ergili, that's the best chance to drop off troops

2.1969AD
drop off 18 tanks...hopefully that is enough

3. 1970AD
manage to kill 2 defender + raze Ergili and programme crashes
reload and it works...

4.1971AD
holing in to await the assault, meanwhile our friends will settle every single spot available...nice

5.1972AD
our tanks are getting shredded
a landing at our shores provides us with a army..leave it empty for now

IT we get relentlessly attacked by Persia, but some tanks hold, we get a 8 unit landing on our shores...

6.1973AD
manage to kill the landings
our bomber and arty wound every Persian unit next to our stack

IT wounded as they are, they still attack and found a town so our airfiled won't operate

7.1974AD
kill 7 defenders in that town and raze it, I hope we can start on the offense soon

8.1975AD
Persia is clearly on the reatreat...we need to continue to pound them
move our stack forward while bombers take out 2 TOW

9.1976AD
there are 8 enemy units blocking our way, bomb them red
smite them and move forward...
steal electronics and we are in the modern age...

IT no attacks from Persia...

10.1977AD
we must use the momentum and take them out, now or never

with the connection so unstable no screenies today...good luck next player

I can play on Sunday so if pneuma wants a go it's his until then.

Persia is turning into a wasteland.

The highlight film

After some maneuvers and bombing

And some more maneuvers and bombing

And he kept on resettling that spot so I gave up and headed down the coast.

And again

The result

Transport and destroyer are on the way home to pick up an army. And there is another general on a transport in the Persian gulf.

Sausage Island east of Persia makes a nice bolthole.

The Aztecs are pounding away in the north but and burned a Persian city and are on course to burn another one.

The governors are turned on at home because I got tired of fiddling with citizens after cleaning up pollution.

Bough some luxuries from both Persia and Carthage as I didn't want to think about keeping the citizens happy while bombing the Persians into the Stone Age.

Most of the troops outside the ruins of Gordium have some movement left and all the wounded have been evacuated onto the transports in the bay.

Here you go, Tim

A nice sight to end the turns with.

1987(0): looks good

1988(1): zzz

IBT: Persia, Aztecs sign peace

1989(2): start killing units in Zohak to get some units dead, hoping other cities will send their units

1990(3): Zohak is empty

1991(4): raze Persepolis at loss of 1 tank
Persia is down to 3 mechs and 4 TOWs

IBT: Persian bombers bomb Tabriz: one dies, one citizen killed

1992(5): kill 2 mechs, TOW to empty Antioch
The bombers can kill what's left, so start sending troops home

1993(6): Arbela emptied, Zohak and Arbela razed; Antioch has 2 TOWs

IBT: Stock exchange in Ta-Tu destroyed

1994(7): Persia would give computers, rocketry, ecology, cash for peace
bomb Antioch some more, steal ecology from Persia
sign peace and get synthetic fibers, computers, rocketry, 544g, 6gpt, WM (I don't think I've ever seen a better peace deal)
Aztecs have 3 aluminum, Carthage has 1, 1 is unclaimed
This seems like a good place to stop

Notes: Aztecs would sell aluminum for 64gpt, but striking a deal with Carthage may be better
It's not worth the shields to build improvements before remobilizing, we only need 1860g to upgrade our current units and I don't see any more useful techs to steal (best I can see is fission to see uranium to bomb)

Attachments

• Nooma1_1994_AD.SAV
    220 KB · Views: 133
what a peace deal, absolutely fabulous. Now, we got to get rid of Aztecs first then Carthago. Might buy alu from carthago, upgrade all those tanks and go after Aztecs...

unless pneuma plays, I will take this, but have to finish Gr17 monster map which will take 2 days I reckon

it's 1994 already, pretty late and only another 53 turns to go....we better fight faster
Aztecs to go next
it will take a while until our units are back to fight Aztecs...
in order to get alu, Carthago needs rocketry...well, no choice
sink 2 techs into getting alu, first to give him rocketry, next to get alu

turn 1-3 war preparations

on turn 3 I think we are ready for a great war...
try to plant a spy and fail, Aztecs declare, at least we get WH
bomb border cities and raze both of them
start to turn their land into some sort of barren craters, disconnecting some resources

IT the atomic strikes really hit me hard, 3 cities rocked

1999 I reconnect the cities, Aztecs have almost kicked the Carthagians off our Island
2000 manage to raze another city, Aztecs have nbotted Carthago off our continent
use MGL to rush a stock market
2001 Aztecs bomb us and attack...hard to do something
2002 the Aztecs fall into the same trap and always end up getting bombed, they behave well :)
manage to raze a size 25 city
2003 move on to next city, defeat some units and lose some..since we have no more alu, we got a problem anyway
2004 Kazan get's nuked and I am ready to concede this game

I actually manage to clear all 6 MA that landed next To Kazan but lose almost all MA..our bombers are depleted due

to all the nuke strikes
manage to plant a spy with Aztecs, he has another tactical nuke and many more units than us...
we got no alu, no units....

I really lost my spirits in this game...very tough turns as they poured in and we simply use bombers to fight them off...depleting MA's...no/low production capacity...negative income, couldn't even keep cities happy

they got nukes, we got 5 cities that are nuked..no alu... they got a much higher score and have simply booted Carthago off without any resistance...impressive

in case anyone wants to have a look

save

I played a few turns and then noticed Aztecs had 9 parts done, so I can confidently say the game is unwinnable. I might go ahead and try to defeat the Aztecs after losing though. Nevertheless it was an enjoyable, tough game.

IIRC there was this game from LK where they faced exactrly the same dilemma as their late game cities got consistently nuked from their main rival.
If only we had known where the uranium is, maybe we might have stopped that terror.

I was so dispirited, I didn't even check the SS. It was a fun game, I enjoyed the late game as well (beating Persia was quite an achievement IMHO). But, it wasn't to be... :(

5CC conquest on a false Pangaea is a tough one. Just too many places for the AI to hide.

Valiant effort though.

IIRC there was this game from LK where they faced exactrly the same dilemma as their late game cities got consistently nuked from their main rival.
If only we had known where the uranium is, maybe we might have stopped that terror.
I believe that is LK79, 5CC deity as (ironically) the Mongols.

Top Bottom