Nooma 1 - 5CC Pangaea

Once Germany was toasted those Aztec tanks were bound to be a problem. Too bad about losing the Indian shield, though. It was real handy having Gandhi in between the home peninsula and Monte. But we do need that oil!

It was real handy having Gandhi in between the home peninsula and Monte. But we do need that oil!
Oil was insanely expensive, so now we have our own source and with tanks/arties, we should be able to take them all out. India's time is up and after that Azteca, then Persia, I think.

Couple of items were omitted from the log of my turns as I didn't have the time to load all the screenshots:

Persia finished both Manhattan and the UN and started the SETI program. None of that is good news. Sorry for the omission but things have been in pre Christmas mode at the shop.

1860(0): an extra gold in Tabriz

IBT: lose redlined inf, worker I hadn't even noticed

1862(1): lose 2 cavs razing Calcutta

IBT: Ta-Tu builds Battlefield Medicine
Persia drops off 6 units

1864(2): kill the Persians

IBT: Persepolis builds SETI
Persia drops off 6 units

1866(3): wipe out Persian units, plus two units in Kolhapur

1868(4): kill an inf in Jaipur

1870(5): raze Jaipur
lose a tank razing Kohlapur

1872(6): Aztecs have been capturing Indian cities

1874(7): zzz

1876(8): raze Lahore

1878(9): zzz

IBT: Aztecs have modern armor

1880(10): raze Ganges, Punjab

Notes: I merged some German workers; there's a few more
Dehli can be razed next turn; it shouldn't take long for the Aztecs to capture Chittagong
When it comes time to fight the Aztecs, a couple of flaks might be useful
we now have an average army compared to Aztecs
republic at 20% lux makes more money than communism at 0% lux
Aztecs have an oil and a rubber in their SE cities

Attachments

• nooma_1880_AD.SAV
    196.7 KB · Views: 92
sounds like good progress versus India. Aztecs and Persia will be different. Maybe fighting Persia together with Aztecs might actually be better?

since the game is down to 3 of us, I think Bede, you are up

Then I have it for tomorrow night.

An unexpected project drove all thought of this game right out of my head and I plumb forgot about it :blush:

If pneuma wants to take a crack at it I can play again on Sunday.

This was certainly fun, if a little slow on the uptake.

as expected in 1882. Then I moved the artillery down to India's last town and softened it up for Monte. Taking down India would have cost our trading reputation, not that we need it for much at the moment anyway.

So much for Gandhi, we will miss you, pal!

With India gone, I spent some worker actions fortressing the gates of the peninsula, just in case Monte got a wild hair and decided that we made a juicy target.

In 1886 Xerxes shows up with a landing in force and another one just offshore. It took everything in the arsenal to knock his Mech Inf down to size

And in 1888 more of the same

And yet again in 1890

I finally get some destroyers in the water and encounter this on the north coast

That single boomer was a screen for three more and a torpedo battle of monumental proportions occurred. That lonely destroyer sank three before sinking and the victor was taken out by combined bombers and a destroyer out of Ta-Tu. Forgot to mention I also have some bombers in the air.

And in 1892

This battle spawned Kublai, so the Infantry Army was called home, converted to a coal plant in Karakorum, and the First Armored was formed. It is now guarding the mountain passes to the east while transports to Persia are being built.

Another Persian boomer appears but does not survive his meeting with our tincan

Carthage takes a peace deal in 1892

and I renegotiate the Peace Treaty with Monte, and the Alliance against Persia, and make a deal for some furs

I also build a gems colony out in the battle lands to the east and cover wit with tanks.

And then I ship some saltpeter to Carthage. I had already stolen Nationalism from him. I wanted Nationalism for three reasons, access to conscripts and Mobilization, and to open the path to Espionage. We are going to be at war for the foreseeable future with at least one of the tech monsters and you can't steal tech without spies if you are at war. Mobilization will be a big help as it will push at least two cities to 100spt and get us nice boosts at the others now that all our infrastructure is complete for the foreseeable future. So I mobilized in 1900 just in time for the buildup to the Persian invasion.

In 1896 sink yet another Persian boomer

Just out of curiosity I dialed up Xerxes to see what his tolerance might be for peace

Not good enough, prepare to die!

So here is the Operations Plan -

There is a loaded carrier at Ulanbataar and another in the stocks. And transports building elsewhere. Fighter planes for recon are also in progress. Load two fighter and another two bombers on the new carrier, and sail out no farther than you can get back to port on the same turn. Flight the recon, then use the bombers to attack and possibly sink everything in sight from Persia, and if needed follow up with the destroyers. That should control the landings and cripple the Persian navy while we build up the invasion forces. Persia has been coming from both the Northwest and the West. When all is ready, probably four full transports, head for the nearest Persian mountain and bring the war to him.

Happy hunting, pneuma!

The Save

nice progress Bede. Hope we can get the battle to the Persian heartland and then procede to take them out.
We need to be sure that nobody finishes the SS. In case someone is near that, we need to take out their capital. It will be tough and MA would help a lot with that. But I guess we are miles away from that tech

I'll be able to play this either tonight or tomorrow during the day, certainly.

Couple questions first:
1: Do those subs have nukes in them yet?
2: Am I expected to take the fight to Persian soil this turnset, or is that still a ways off?
3: Do we need to get out of republic, or can we manage the WW?

pneuma, to answer some of the queries.

I think it's impossible to say whether they carry tactical nukes unless we get hit by them. I suggest to place our slaves away from resources, because that's the favourite target of nuke attacks.

You should try and send the army convoy over to start erasing them. We need to make sure Persia is taken out, then Aztecs.

Try to stay a republic as long as possible and once WW is too high, switch to communism, I'd say.

T0 1900
Some micro, we have no WW at all, anywhere.
Move the inf and tanks in no mans land to the gem colony, since I don't see what they're doing in the middle of nowhere

T1 1902
Sink a destroyer, transport

T2 1904
Nothing

T3 1906
Nothing

T4 1908
Make a new gems colony because the aztecs will eat ours with a city founded during their next turn

T5 1910
Persian convoy sighted (1 battleship 2 destroyers 1 transport), but cannot be sunk yet

T6 1912
Lose 1 bomber to the battleships' AA fire, sink all but the transport

IBT
Persian planes (coming from the spain?) bomb an aztec city in the middle of the continent, near the Carthaginian coast

T7 1914
Sink previously mentioned transport, as well as a newly found destroyer and transport
Buy espionage from carthage for 1355 gold, IA in 6 turns

T8 1916
Nothing

T9 1918
2 destroyers, 2 carriers full of fighters, 1 carrier full of bombers, 2 transports full of artillery, 1 transport full of infantry, and 2 transport full of tanks and the tank army set off to go burn Spain and with it, Persia's only sources of rubber and oil
Lose 1 bomber to destroyer AA fire, sink 1 sub, 1 destroyer, 1 transport

T10 1920
Sink 2 destroyers, 1 transport, lose a bomber to battleship AA fire

Notes: There is a heavily damaged persian convoy in that clump of fog west of Ulaan Baatar. Unless I counted wrong, they will not land untill next IBT (thank god for stupid AIs and battleships).
The worker stacks placed at seemingly random spots are a backup incase the persians nuke us. They are placed at least 2 tiles from every resource and city. Also, there are six per tile to make pollution cleanup simpler (one stack to clean a grassland, two a hill, three a mountain)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/84841/Nooma1_1920_AD.SAV

ok, this sounds good. I hope I can damage the Persian quite a bit by taking their rubber and oil.

By the way, don't we want to sign in Aztecs to fight Persia? We wouldn't Aztecs be the ones trading resources to Persia.
Once Persia is gone, Aztecs must go too of course...

got it, will play tonight

Aztecs are already in against Persia.

Just watch out for any Persian Modern Armor. They will, as you know, eat armies for breakfast.

Can we get a spy into Persia to get us a look at his town defenses?

good to hear that they fight each other already. Spies sounds good and are essential for proper attacks, I agree.

Top Bottom