(NOT A BUG) Auto airlift of workers on Automated?

rrau

Emperor
I was playing a game and noticed workers poppingup in a couple cities. One I'd recently captured from Barbs and one that I'd recently received in a peace treaty. I looked at my number of workers in the military advisor and it remained constant. They just up and moved to another island by themselves. :eek: :mad: :crazyeye:

Attachments

• Bobbie AD-1999.CivBeyondSwordSave
    291.4 KB · Views: 116
I think that they might, I had a subIsland that only had 4 workers on it, then suddenly there were 5

While I will agree this is not a bug, I think we need an option added "Automated workers do not airlift" just like the "leave old improvements" and no chopping forests.

I like to put workers on automated (leave old improvements checked of course) after my city improvements are done and let them railroad for me. The reason I don't just use trade network is because with random events and espionage it is nice that the workers will be out the same turn rebuilding that mine that collapsed etc.

It is very annoying to be waiting a few turns to grant independence to some captured cities and half or 3/4 of my worker force airlifts half way around the world to cities with no airports to send them back. I end up having to rebuild the workers on my mainland because it's easier than getting the airlifted ones back.

Please add an option for no auto airlifting!!

I agree that irs not a bug, however, I nearly always have myworkers in Pairs.
And when I say nearly always, I mean form the point that I have 4. I go so far as to sleep a worker to wait for its partner to be ready. (Its a flaw Ive developed since always playing elves in FFH)

Anyway, this means that when a worker suddenly turned up on my subislad, it had split from its pair. Well I dont think it should be allowed to do that. If things are grouped they should stay gruoped.

I've watched missionaries do this too, and I think Corporate Executives (which would make sense, they follow the missionary AI and mechanics). I like it a lot, 'cause it saves me a lot of micromanaging when I colonize.

And I'm pretty sure they're even clever enough to do it last, in case you want to airlift something else from that city. Though that might just be what I think is the standard behavior that automated units move only after you've cycled through all manual units once.

Please add an option for no auto airlifting!!

You described the problem exactly. In my current game lots of workers got stuck on a distant island while on the other hand I was not able to airlift a military unit to that island. Very annoying!!!

What if you could airlift from a non-airport city to an airport city (using up the destination city's 1 airlift per turn)?

Then most of the above problems with airlifting workers would go away.

The Problem has NOT been solved in patch 3.13. Those stupid workers keep flying around the world...

Top Bottom