[NOT BUG] Use Small Scale Interface

Buccaneer

Deity
I have this checked, restarted Civ, and I do not see any difference in the interface for a regular game. The map inset is still large, unable to minimize, as well as the unit box. Shouldn't "Use Small Scale Interface" make something different? If not, how do I minimize or eliminate the large interface boxes?

For me it changes things but the effect is almost unnoticable if you don't compare the screens side by side. Maybe it's supposed to change more than this but it's bugged?

I've got a 1920x1200 resolution and the size is right for me, but I wouldn't want to play it at a much lower one.

Screenshots:
Large
Small

Just a "Me too" post to add to this bug.
Small Interface does not seem to make a difference.
Using 1280x800 and 1440x900 and the interface is identical no matter what settings have been checked.

Just a "Me too" post to add to this bug.
Small Interface does not seem to make a difference.
Using 1280x800 and 1440x900 and the interface is identical no matter what settings have been checked.

Are you sure? So you don't get the difference that's in my screenshots? It's quite subtle and easy to miss (just the bottom-left and top-left panels), but do you really not get any difference at all?

At 1600x900, I get no difference at all.

Compared the screenshots with a fast-flip tool, absolutely no difference if that setting is turned on or off (or if the "small" checkbox is picked).

Personally, I think this setting should also reduce the size of the resource circle overlays (the little circular flags that tell you in an iconic fashion what the resource is) in the 3D view. As currently released, the UI has a hard time getting out of the way.

The maps look totally different in those screen shots. The terrain is different is what I meant to say.

What exactly are the changes? Does it mean that this Interface Option is working as intended?

Ah, so it only affects the upper-left and upper-right corners.

Well, if it's not buggy, then it needs a makeover or enchancement. The upper-right corner doesn't change when you pick the "small scale UI" option, nor do some of the icons scale down to 2/3 normal size.

Top Bottom