[BTS] not displayed in the game

Himan

Chieftain
help please. my ship in the bottle is not displayed in the game. what's wrong?

Attachments

• bottle.7z
    489.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 1.png
    1.png
    603.6 KB · Views: 50
Are you sure it's not just being rendered as 100% transparent? How did you set the transparency up in the nif file?

I've tried using windows in the past. The game doesn't render anything but the background through the glass. There maybe a shader for this. Sabotleih may know a solution. :think:

That's why I am asking. You can't just set stuff up as transparent and export them into nif and expect it to work.

I managed to get semitransparent rendering by finding a unit in FFH that does it and making a copy of it's alpha property onto my units and using a semi transparent texture. I don't remember what unit it was originally but you can find the effect and unit that I made in my ships module. It'll be the Amurites arcane barge. In particular the magic crystal on board the ship.

So look at that and copy what you see.

I've tried using windows in the past. The game doesn't render anything but the background through the glass. There maybe a shader for this. Sabotleih may know a solution. :think:

only the background is really visible

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 39

That's why I am asking. You can't just set stuff up as transparent and export them into nif and expect it to work.

I managed to get semitransparent rendering by finding a unit in FFH that does it and making a copy of it's alpha property onto my units and using a semi transparent texture. I don't remember what unit it was originally but you can find the effect and unit that I made in my ships module. It'll be the Amurites arcane barge. In particular the magic crystal on board the ship.

So look at that and copy what you see.

I redid the bottle. but I have another bottle of mana. she works. I don't understand the difference

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 40
It should all be in my ships module along with 218 other ships.

It should all be in my ships module along with 218 other ships.
I tried copying the material, alpha, and texture (used the gloss texture aswell) from the amurite arcane barge to the bottle. Strange that the alpha is set to 1, but shows as transparent with the alpha.
Anyway, got the same result.

Same thing happens with the crystal. However, you can see the shrouds from the ship through the crystal. Just not the rest of the ship. That may be a clue to a solution.

Attachments

• bottle.jpg
    bottle.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 135
  • crystal.jpg
    crystal.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 137
That's because my method, well the method I copied from the other unit anyway, uses a semi transparent diffuse texture and an alpha property that is set up to work with that. So it's not the model that is transparent but the modifiers that make it transparent. As my favorite superhero says: Nothing is impossible when you put your mind to it and decide to cheat.

Anyway, it's good enough once you consider nobody is going to zoom in that close while playing. :)

I tried copying the material, alpha, and texture (used the gloss texture aswell) from the amurite arcane barge to the bottle. Strange that the alpha is set to 1, but shows as transparent with the alpha.
Anyway, got the same result.

Same thing happens with the crystal. However, you can see the shrouds from the ship through the crystal. Just not the rest of the ship. That may be a clue to a solution.

really

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 40
The crystal is the only relevant part. Ignore the rest of the ship.

in general, the bottom line is that the ship should be higher than the bottle in level )))

For that you need to look at the z modifier. I forgot what it's called but it's on the shrouds. Fiddle with that thing until you get what you want.

it's very simple, the ship should be higher than the bottle in level

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    254.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 2.png
    2.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 41
Seems like you succeeded than. As good as it's going to get anyway. CIV4 transparency isn't the greatest. But it is a game that's over a decade old so that's to be expected.

A fictional superhero by the name of Boomfist from a cartoon within a cartoon I watched as a kid. He also had such great quotes as "Kids, don't listen to your parents. They are old and foolish." And his criptonide was milk.

Top Bottom