Not tired yet of booing C.Ronaldo?

King Alexander

Universe explorer
Well? I think it's time to stop it.
Maybe he didn't play too "fair", according to many people's opinion, but, you know what? Most players are NOT too fair when playing, unless someone gets injured and at that case they return the ball to the other team(fair play).

Other than that? :rolleyes: How many times you see see athletes(of any sport) to complain about non-existing fouls, complain that their opponent plays dirty(which he may or may not does, for what it matters)?

Is C.Ronaldo a referee? :confused: Last time I checked(a few minutes ago), he was playing football! What a shock! I mean, the guy is just a football player, and can't make decision like pulling off yellow and red cards!
Was he responsible that the referee at England-Portugal showed Rooney the red card? If you think so, then you shouldn't be booing C.Ronaldo but FIFA and Josef Blatter for their referee's and awful calls, and better, the referee himself(I don't remember his name).

Athletes will often try to get any advantage they get to help their team, no surprise for anyone watching professional athletes competing with their teams.

Even if I agree with other people that C.Ronaldo over-reacted, the decision for the red card was not his, and if people think the referee was influenced so much, then they shouldn't take too serioulsy the whole WC, because such a WC would be a joke.

I understand that the English athletes and the english viewers may want/demand a fair domestic football championship, with not too much whining and complaing and fake fouls that other eu championships may accept easier(and THAT'S TO THEIR CREDIT), but in the end, if C.Ronaldo is behaving like a woman and can't take well the physical part of the game, you can be surethat, no matter how talented he is, he'll never become a great footballer or someone worth remembering other than whining and faking.

I'm with you people, if you decide(to be fair), too BOO ANY footballer that faked in this WC, not just C.Ronaldo: players faking foul at last minutes to win penalties(guess who or which ones), players who didn't return the ball to have fair play(you again know which ones), players making hard and CHILDLISH fouls as a result of loosing their nerves.
We could even BOO all those players mentioned at the "Best actor on the pitch: the Rivaldo award" thread, but when the booing only aims C.Ronaldo, it not only gets boring, but people lose supporters(at the booing) as well.

I think his career in England is over after this WC..

Inter4 said:
Ok, answer this: how many players should stop football, after this WC? I didn't see anyone complaing for players from other teams that play on England.

I'm not here discussing because I'm siding with C.Ronaldo, but I didn't see anyone else to say that "players who didn't play fair shouldn't return to our domestic championship", with all due respect.

What about those players that REALLY didn't return the ball to have a fair play, or others making childlish and hard fouls to get revenge, at Holland - Portugal? What about those who, according to some, tried to - and WON - penalties, at Australia - Italy? Do they all play at Holland or Portugal or Italy (at their own championships ONLY)? What about Henry? Will he return to England or he also finished over there and he'll return to France?

We're talking about FAIR PLAY: Do we think of fair play ONLY when our own team is playing? --- Should it be called "fair play", then? Fair play should include all athelets, from other national teams as well, if we WANT to be fair.

btw: I'm not discussing if some incidents were fouls, penalties or not: I'm just asking some logical questions, because there seems to be a real Vendetta against specific players.

EDITED

Yeah I don't see anything wrong for what he did. There's no reason not to take advantage of Rooney's temper, and he did deserve the red card no matter what Ronaldo did. And the wink after the play, just shows that he knew what he was doing and wanted to do this. If Rooney was as smart, he would know not to lose his temper against a player that is going to try to get you kicked off.

Inter4 said:

I'm not sure. United seem incapable of buying midfielders so selling one wouldn't make sense since the money would probably be spent on more defenders.

I think you are being rash to expect the booing to die down after two matches since fans will think it will annoy him and put him off. After a couple of months of off season people will calm down and there will be booing in the first few matches of the season, however a new 'villian' will appear.

@ Dell,

I'm the other way.

If the English public can boo Beckham for months, then unfortunately, I think they will hound Ronaldo for considerably longer. I don't believe it will come down to whether Man U want to sell Ronaldo, but to Ronaldo wanting to leave.

At the end of the day, only time will tell.

Dell19 said:
however a new 'villian' will appear.
"Villain"? :lol:
Scratcher said:
If the English public can boo Beckham for months...
Why boo him? He did what he could, I believe, it's not that he didn't try.

As far as I recall the booing lasted at most a month and it didn't stop United from having a decent season. In the semi final its generally been said that Ronaldo played well and apparently he was still diving tonight so it doesn't seem as if he cares that much.

Inter4 said:

definitely. like the south korean guy then in 2002?

King Alexander said:
I'm with you people, if you decide(to be fair), too BOO ANY footballer that faked in this WC, not just C.Ronaldo

Fifa´s President said a similar thing to Portuguese reporters after the game.

In my perspective who Boo´s was afraid of C. Ronaldo, trying to disturb him from making a good game. And I didnt saw once more, the referre going in the theatre, so I dont see whats the problem, he will have many problems if he continues this way, but its his problem.

chrisrossi said:
definitely. like the south korean guy then in 2002?

He was on loan. The owner who made the comments apologised the next day and by this point the player had decided he did not want to stay.

I wouldnt say his career in England is over, He doesnt seem that phazed by the booing, though i could imagine him getting booed at every ground he goes too in England for awhile.

King Alexander said:
"Villain"? :lol:

Why boo him? He did what he could, I believe, it's not that he didn't try.

Well you know the saying, "there's no such thing as bad publicity"? For better or worse, C. Ronaldo has been one of the faces of this world cup. I don't condone the diving, but he played for us and I support him as our man. Certainly he can get the ball up the field. Maybe if we had some more impressive strikers we could have scored more often. Anyhow he has been one of the defining personalities of this world cup. Some of the attention has been negative, but hey, we made it to the semifinal, and if it hadn't been for a stupid penalty we would have had a chance at beating France.

I lost respect towards him mainly because he did it towards teammate in club team. I think there are no excuses for that.

And he is really one sorry cocky little cry-baby brat. Even though talented one.

Top Bottom