[R&F] Not (Yet) Another Un-nerf England thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

acluewithout

Deity
If anyone is interested, Reddit/Civ also does a Civ of the week, and this week it’s England.

If you, like me, are still salty about England’s various nerfs, feel free to log into Reddit and post some comments about England. There’s a chance FXS may read comments on that thread, so it’s worth speaking up.

Link is here.

The mighty @Archon_Wing has posted some excellent comments on the thread, and I’ve posted too (although I can’t say my comments are as erudite or as excellent).

If nothing else, maybe upvote the wonderful Mr. A. Wing.

Last edited:
No point. It's just a whole lot of people complaining that England isn't as
formidable a force as it was originally. Maybe Firaxis decided to let art
imitate life, post-Brexit. Once top-tier, England is now a sodden little
backwater island, outgunned economically and militarily by larger more powerful
neighbours.

If you are still hoping for the days when much of the world map was coloured
pink, then get mods to give England bonuses with which they can give Frenchie a
bloody nose, and put the other Johnny Foreigners in their place. :p

... Maybe Firaxis decided to let art
imitate life, post-Brexit. Once top-tier, England is now a sodden little
backwater island, outgunned economically and militarily by larger more powerful
neighbours...

Heh heh. That’s quite funny.

Maybe England could get a new UA.

Brexit: Earn Half Alliance Points from Alliances. Randomly leave Allicance just when you’re getting max Alliance Points*.

(Or, for readers in the Leave camp “Receive no benefits from Alliances and lose 25% gold every turn. Leaving an alliance causes ten turns of anarchy. Capital can run Eurovision project. Produces no yields or great people points.”)

Who knows. Maybe FXS will be persuaded to fix England and make my day.

... although, last time they “listened to the fans” on England, everything sort of just got worse. “Melee units for harbours. Awesome. Just what I want when I build a harbour. A land unit. Not, say, a boat.”

...maybe the better plan is to just keep a low profile.

Last edited:
Heh heh. That’s quite funny.

Maybe England could get a new UA.

Brexit: Earn Half Alliance Points from Alliances. Randomly leave Allicance just when you’re getting max Alliance Points*.

Bonus: Instead of Amani, England gets Boris Johnson.

Bonus: Instead of Amani, England gets Boris Johnson.

Extra bonus: no need to hire an artist to make a caricature of Boris' face for the game, because, well ...
Spoiler :

BorisJohnson.jpg

According to my memory the one nerf they got is not getting units on conquest on foreign continents anymore. This is England not the Mongols so it makes a lot of sense.

According to my memory the one nerf they got is not getting units on conquest on foreign continents anymore. This is England not the Mongols so it makes a lot of sense.

Well, the English still didn't form their empire peacefully either. I would say it had more synergy as the ideal was to maintain a powerful fleet and to use it to spread out garrisons elsewhere.

The other thing was that they can't have twice the trade routes, plus trade routes being harder to get because of market/lighthouse requirement. Restricting it to self found on the coast can be quite tough and sorta pushes the Redcoat out of play because by that time your rivals will have settled everything.

Not to mention the nerf on self-founding cities, as settlers esclate in cost. Yea, it's not a direct nerf on England, but because their abilities are restricted like that they get hit more. Now it's bascially a civ that has to jump through hoops to use any of its abilities and some matters are way beyond your control, like where another continent is. Like this.

I mean the way it's at, I could go into the crappy snow area just to build a harbor and get another unit (and that's what I did) but it really is no help.

Last edited:
Moderator Action: Discussion of current events and making caricatures of current leaders/people is not in the spirit of the Civ game threads. Some comments in this thread are inappropriate and thus this thread is closed.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom