Nuclear Question

Do Nuclear Weapons Usually figur elargely into your Military Strategy or Game

• Yes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • No

Votes: 67 79.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I Just see nuclear weapons as a kind of heavy bomb. The pollution is not that bad and as long as your enemys dont have them , or you have SDI defence. Mostly towards the end of the game the computer fortifies itself heavyli in its cities were it would demand an incredible amount of units to sieze them. At that point i usualy use nukes to knock out the major strongholds, an key infrastructural center

I've been playing for years, mostly on King, and I've never been nuked. Everyone else seems to say that the AI loves nukes, is this a Deity level thing?

Could be that I quit once I see the AI beating me in the Industrial Age...:confused:

Thats something I do as well. Especially because I tend to run into major cash flow problems that results in me having to set up a barracks selling production line...I don't like using caravans because I usually end up at war with everyone. In my latest game the only civ on the same continent as me and anywhere near me are the English and they only have one city left...It wasn't me. :D I am the Russians.

Yeah, I've never used them either, might try it out next game as it seems important for Civ III.

When I get the ******* with an opposing Civ or those huge Barbarian tribes that appear late in the game, it's wonderful to wipe the planet clean of their infuriating presence.

Sod the pollution.

I usually just try to PREVENT the AI from using them against me, by building complete SDI coverage!

:nuke:

I use nukes rarely, because they're messy and they are quickly rendered obsolete by SDI. I do, however, build a large nuclear arsenal, to frighten the AI and to nuke any attackers and cities, conquered from me...

The Nuclear Age IMHO is the best time in the game.

I like to keep a few subs well stocked with nukes in any given game. Usually, the AI will never have to see me use them. I like to consider myself a pretty rational guy. If I get provoked though, Expect to see the world a giant swamp in 30 years....

:nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

I use nukes when I am behind in the space race. I load up a sub an aircraft carrier and a transport and take out their capital :D then make peace:nuke:

Nukes suck, take all the fun out of the game. :rolleyes:

Unless you're in an extremely bad mood ;)

:santa:

In CivII I didn't factor in nuclear weapons that much as an offensive weapon. I usually built them simply so I could say I was part of the Nuclear club and to thwart or influence others not to attack me without me striking the first blow.

I use nuclear weapons to frighten and strut my influence and power. Like I'll nuke the city but on it's radius so that I inflict minor damage. Then make threats and use blackmail to get what i want, if i don't then "EEEEEHHHHHRRRRRR... KABLAMO!!!" eventualy the puny putos will give in to what I want. It' so fun especialy when you cheat and put about 12 nukes around their capital and they litterally beg you to disarm them. Then they'll make an obvious empty threat like (my favorite: "NOW YOU WILL TASTE OUR STEEL!" ) They disarm one, but once again..."EEEEEHHHHHRRRRRR... KABLAMO!!!" . So I'm a real hard-ass with NUKES.

haha, well id love to try some nukes out
but by the time i have jets and planes, Worldwar breaks out, as i start bombing and doing recon etc etc etc

by the time nukes come around the planet has been wiped out :)

hehehe

I always try my hardest not to let it get that far in the game. It just makes things more complicated. I do most of my early conquering with legions, then when I get gunpowder, simulteneously discovering Davinci's workshop ALL MUST FALL.

I do build nuclear weapons, but do not generally use them, as conventional warfare fulfills my purposes without pollution. They are there as a deterrent, and are used only to utterly destroy an enemy.

Once, a while back, I did inflict nuclear punishment upon the foe to an almost realistic extent- Hit their 12 cities with about 200 nukes. It took a while to build them, and after the first 6 strikes on the same city, there isn't any additional pollution. It was mainly an exercise in pedantry, upon reflection.

Top Bottom