Nuking drawbacks, its ticking me off!

FLUKE

Chieftain
You have a point against you for each nuke strike, even if your opponent declared on YOU, I find this bizarre as I have found myself with an ever shrinking pool of allies in my current game but I am just defending myself against Monty (who else?)

I built up a big arsenal of nukes to counter my fairly average conventional force and I thought I'd be safe from attack with 10 ICBMS, and when I'm forced to use them I get attacked by everyone else, if I dont use them I will lose the war.

Most unfair - there should mitigation for not starting a war.

You have a point against you for each nuke strike, even if your opponent declared on YOU, I find this bizarre as I have found myself with an ever shrinking pool of allies in my current game but I am just defending myself against Monty (who else?)

I built up a big arsenal of nukes to counter my fairly average conventional force and I thought I'd be safe from attack with 10 ICBMS, and when I'm forced to use them I get attacked by everyone else, if I dont use them I will lose the war.

Most unfair - there should mitigation for not starting a war.
You have a point, however, does monty use nukes as well, or has he just got stronger military. I mean, consider this scenario, usa attacked afghanistan in 2002, but this time the taliban used nukes to nuke washington. Never mind that amerika most likey would nuke back, but the whole world would not condone it's use by afghanistan. Same as if amerika was attacked by conventional means and it retaliates with nukes right away. Even if they aren't the aggressor, using nukes makes them the bad guy.

I think largely the nukes are a waste cause it's impossible to purposely use them given that any use of them = instant condamnation from all others. It seems like the makers are saying (You can have this weapon but if you use it you'll get everyone at war with you and yada yada yada).

WHich makes one wonder if they are worth production given there's no real reasoning/way to adaquately use them and have normal game play.

Nukes are useful after you've successfully landed your ship on Alpha Centauri, and the only thing left to do is to go red-button-happy on the remaining civs. Then, you can play the game Fallout style after global warming ruins the planet.

I have used nukes with no repercusion what so ever, I launched two at an opponents last two cities and then landed troops to take the cities. No one launched at me or declared war on me, I was very surprised.

Of course I was playing at chieftan level I think, maybe that made a difference in their response.

I nuke Montezuma, but none cares about that backward civilization who at modern ages haven't resarched Music. :D

So I nuke Saladin and still none sees interesed in attacking me event the Chinese (strongest). :lol:

I wonder if it has something to do with if they are equally hated by everyone else.

Most saves I play it's always the same 2-3 nations that start alot of wars that spill over into other countries. I think a nuke or two against them wouldn't raise too much of a fuss with most because they'd probably welcome the carnage against their common enemy.

Top Bottom