Number of continents in custom continents map

vsipinen

Warlord
I have played recently several games with custom continents maps. I selected the number of continents as one per team (or something like that - I don't remember the exact wording of the option). I assumed that each civilization would have own continent and so I remember that it would have been worked previously. However in each game there has been exactly two civilizations in each continent. Is that a bug, or did the game decide for some strange reason that each "team" contain two civilizations ? I certainly did not make that kind of decision - at least not in purpose.

I was really dissapointed, because I was looking forward to have a continent completely for myself without need to compete another civilization for the land. Additionally it turned out to be almost useless to have other civilization in the same continent, because the stupid AI refused to trade any technology before contact to other continents was made. So in effect it was almost same as I would have been totally isolated, but I still had to compete for the land. I think it is the worst situation in that respect.

Is there some way to ensure that there would be exactly one civilization per continent in the beginning of the game ?

if you select 1 per team then everyone will start on their own continent... i would advise against it however, custom continent maps suck.

if you select 1 per team then everyone will start on their own continent... i would advise against it however, custom continent maps suck.

That was what I expected, but it did not work that way. Only logical explanation that I could think was that for some reason the game would consider that one team would contain two civilization. Is there some selection for number of civilizations per team ? Anyway my civilization and the other in the same continent did not seem to cooperate in any way, so it seems that there was not any real team - otherwise than locating both civilizations in the same continent.

I don't know much about the map type, but what map size and how many civilizations did you select?

I don't know much about the map type, but what map size and how many civilizations did you select?

I think it was large map with 8 civilizations (I closed at least one civilization out of the came, and I think there was 4 continents with 2 civilizations in each of them).

As it seems that nobody is going to give a helpful answer, should I post the question to some other forum ? Or where could I get more useful answers ?

Custom continents is only desigened to place a maximum of six continents. If you select 1 continent per team and select 7-12 civs, then the number of continents generated is equal to (number of civs)/2. If you select 13-18 civs, then the number of continents generated is equal to (number of civs)/3.

If you want to play a game where each civ starts off on its own continent using custom continents, you need to select no more than 6 civs.

Custom continents is only desigened to place a maximum of six continents. If you select 1 continent per team and select 7-12 civs, then the number of continents generated is equal to (number of civs)/2. If you select 13-18 civs, then the number of continents generated is equal to (number of civs)/3.

If you want to play a game where each civ starts off on its own continent using custom continents, you need to select no more than 6 civs.

Thanks for the clarification. I think that name of the option is rather misleading and it would be nice if that limitation of maximum of 6 continents would be mentioned somewhere.

While not an explicit clarification, that the option for continent number only goes as high as 6 could be taken as a hint.

Top Bottom