Odyssey Speed

omglazers

Warlord
Has anyone else seen this in mods? I've seen it in two [History in the Makng and Carter's World Maps]

Marathon level researching, with epic level unit building. A REALLY epic game if there's ever been one.

Now, to that effect, who created it? Who's used it? And can I get it w/o using a mod? As far as I can tell, it's just one .xml file that makes all the changes, so could I plop it directly into my main BTS install so I can also use Blue Marble and the BUG mod?

Alright, lets talk about this awesome mod :goodjob:

Why ask here & not in mods forum?

That's EXACTLY what I've been looking for...I too would like to know the answers to these questions! :) Where can I get it?

I wanna see quick research rate, and marathon building. WOuldn't THAT be Awesome?

I can see the log now:

'Athens has completed a Warrior!'
'You have researched Astronomy!'

:lol:. Your units would get the in-queue upgrade two or three times before popping out, especially in the early game. We started training a warrior, and ended up with a maceman...

Game speed changes are done in an XML file called CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml

I don't have either of the mods you mentioned but look to see if they changed that file. It would be located here:

..\Mods\[MOD Name]\Assets\XML\GameInfo

Copy that version of the file to the appropriate place in the Custom Assets folder (..\Custom Assets\XML\Gameinfo) and you should be able to use this Odyssey speed with the standard game.

Game speed changes are done in an XML file called CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml

I don't have either of the mods you mentioned but look to see if they changed that file. It would be located here:

..\Mods\[MOD Name]\Assets\XML\GameInfo

Copy that version of the file to the appropriate place in the Custom Assets folder (..\Custom Assets\XML\Gameinfo) and you should be able to use this Odyssey speed with the standard game.

Figured this out after I made the post

Works like a charm and is a NICE addition.

I wonder who created this?

To answer your questions:
Unless I am mistaken, sorry if I am, but I think Carter of CarterEarth created Odyssey time speed especially for his mod.
I have not played with it as I like to stick to Marathon, and yes you can get it without the mod (though modding your core game is a bad idea)
Seems other people have already answered the question of how to get it in, so I won't bother explaining the procedure.

Top Bottom