Of Incas and Aztecs

I might discontinue my scenario because of it's similarity to yours. Europe is basically the same in mine, and South America and Africa are pretty much the same as well. I might make it around WWI era and if I do so I will add a Germany. Should I do this or keep it the same?

Whatever you want. I really dont mind you doing the scenario.:D

But if i had to pick, id go for WW1

added U.S and Aztec save games

I've played your game several times. I've got pretty far with the Russians. This is the best scenario I've played yet.

I have decided to make a "Native Powers" series. One in 1860, another in 1920, and another in 1940. I did this because 1860 is around the Civil War, 1920 is around WWI, and 1940 is around WWII. There won't be any American Civil War, but there I decided to choose that.

I'll also work on an alternative Ruled Britanica which will be pretty interesting (British Isles taken by Spain in 1500s.)

You at work with any other alternative history scenarios?

Yes, i was planning to make sequals to this one, 1920, 1940, and present time.

You really think its that good? How so?

Well I like alternative history, the Napoleonic Era, and I like world map scenarios.

Your scenario, an alternative history. Takes place in an extended Napoleonic Era, and is on a world map. Your scenario never gets boring as well.

Your making a 1920 and 1940 one too? That's pretty cool. I can't wait until your next one.

Wow, never gets boring? Thanks for the compliments!:goodjob:

Its Yoda's anyway, so its fine with me.:goodjob:

British, France, Russia, and Ethiopia save games added.

Big thanks to sabrewolf of the Apolyton Boards!:goodjob: :king:

Yeah, their hard to be sure, but not as hard as Central America or Guyenne.

I have a gripe about this scenario. It's really good, I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5, the .5 being that the technology tree has not been adjusted. It's a litte irking to see Infantry in production by 1863.

I should've commented on that earlier but it is rather off. Most people had Mech Infantry around 1880.

Anonymous, do you know how to edit it around, I'm making a scenario and I think I'll need my tech tree somewhat controlled.

Oh, and about my scenario. I tried uploading it but it was too big, it's almost complete. I ran out of cities though and I need a few more for eastern Russia.

Well let's assume the average tech is 20 turns. That is 20 months, far too short. At the point in the scenario, only 16 techs remain to Motorized Transportation, I believe. Since this scenario is about par in tech level, with Electricity and Ironclads in the wane of the fifth decade of the 1800s, let's assume the age of Tanks starts around 1910. That is 50 years, or 600 turns. Now we hav overlooked something, the something being that parallel parts of the technology tree could be climed simultaneously, then traded around, bringing the entire world up to pace faster. So let's assume that only 12 techs are needed before trading around for the rest and waiting for tanks to roll in. So 600/12=50, so we need to dilate the tech price by 2.5. Then the avg. tech takes 50 months, and the longest time you can take to research is 100 months. So with the Minimum Turns set to 10 and Maximum Turns set to 100, and the price of every tech multiplied by 2.5, I think things will even out.

About the scenario, before 40 turns, after which Infantry rears its ugly head, this scenario is REALLY fun. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think thst it's because it's in the middle of nearly every extreme. Some scenarios have ridiculously large amounts of units, often taking 15 minutes or more for the human turn alone. Others leave you with barely any, making early offensives difficult. This scenario has a very nice balance. Also, it somehow manages to remain detailed and deep while keeping the scenario load time under half an hour. You can even jump straight into the scenario, as everything is so simple, yet deep. Detailed, yet not overwhelming. Or maybe it's just me.:)

wow, I'll try to fix that tree so that you can play my scenario with more enjoyment.:D

There is a much simpler way. Since in CivIII turns are measured in years, just multiplying tech costs by 12 might fix it.

Top Bottom