1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Of Incas and Aztecs

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Azale, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Mobilize

Mobilize Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

We're all so dumb, Yoda is God!

He must have the hacked editor so you may add and delete things. He has probably added 15 extra civs.

Yoda, where did you find the hacked editor your using?

2. Mobilize

Nevermind you don't need a hacked editor. Thanks a lot Yoda, you have made my projects much easier.

3. Mobilize

Where did you find the world map you used to place your cities/civs for your scenario?

This isn't referring to Kal-Els map, but the historical map..

4. Azale

Azale Deity

The story is totally made up by me. I added a few diffrent cities here and there (Montezuma, Golden IS.)

If you mean what map did I use to place the cities, I used an Atlas.

5. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

no prob:)

6. Mobilize

Well.. I got PTW today. Heh, it did help out for a while though.

Great scenario. I would feel bad if I made my Native Powers scenario because what I had in vision is so similar to what you have made. A Napoleonic world with powerful Incan, Aztec, and Sequoyan Empires. Good job though! :goodjob:

7. Azale

Azale Deity

No, mobilize, i want you to do your scenario! Some competition in the same catagory would be nice;)

Plus, i think id like to play it:D

8. Mobilize

Alright, I'm gonna use a different map though, I don't want them to be that similar because it'd seem like I copied your map but changed around the civilizations, units, etc. My scenario should be done by June, it would be done earlier but I am in the process of moving. Thanks for your suggestion.

9. Azale

Azale Deity

Good luck!!:D

oh, and what map are you gonna use?

10. Mobilize

I'm not exactly sure, probably Kal-El's 180x180 World Map.

Edit: Actually I'm using a much larger map. Tell me if I shouldn't. I'm not too good at plotting out cities so.. I got a lot of work to do.

11. Azale

Azale Deity

If your thinking of el-menceys, dont do it. One simple reason.

You'll run out of cities, as there is a 512 limit on cities (I think its 512)

12. Mobilize

Darn, what map would you recommend?

Edit: How about Marla Singer's World Map?

Edit2: I've done a good ammount so far.

Here's what I've worked on:
    Austro-Hungary
    Aztec Empire
    Denmark
    Grand Duchy of Panama
    Great Brittain
    Greece
    Empire of Japan
    Napoleonic France
    Portugal
    Principality of Chuchilla
    Rep. of Sequoyah
    Spain
    Sweden

I need to start working on:
    China
    Dominion of Canada
    Ethiopia
    Incan Empire
    Kingdom of Thailand [or should I do Siam?]
    Morocco
    Russia
    Tibet
    Turkistan
    Zululand

Do you mind if I use Principality for a civ? I've always liked addition of Principality and Grand Duchy to a nation since I like the Gundam UC saga which has a few of those.

13. Azale

Azale Deity

Your right, it is very similiar.

I would reccomend El-menceys smaller earth mao, uum i think 140x140x or close to that.

Marla's would be good too

You have a Morrocco, Ethiopia and a Zululand AND a Napoleonic France.:lol:

14. Mobilize

Exactly.. I told you it'd be similar. It is based in 1850, France was under control of Napoleon III, Zululand still exhisted, Morocco and Ethiopia were still around.

Tell you what, I'll give Morocco to Spain and maybe even have them split it with Greece, and I'll find some way to distribute Ethiopia to a civilization. Morocco and Ethiopia are important because they were the first large African nations not to be held by a European power. Oh well.. I don't want it to seem like it's a copy of your scenario.

Or since this scenario is an alternative history, I could probably make up a civilization. Yeah that's what I'll do.. Just like how the Europeans helped the Native Americans, the Asians or Europeans will have formed and supplied African nations to fight against rival colonists. Does that sound good?

15. Mobilize

Well if you want to check the current progress or my scenario and give me suggestions or corrections here it is:

16. Azale

Azale Deity

Looks good so far, the only thing id reccomend is to rename the Sequyah cities to Indian tribes, or Indian places, or make up Indian sounding names (Indian as in Native-American)

17. Mobilize

Well, the Republic of Sequoyah didn't start on it's own. In my story, after the United States won independence, they gave their land west of St. Louis to the natives and had Sequoyah rule it. They did this because several Native tribes had helped them win indepence and keep off the Aztecs who were allied with the English. The Republic of Sequoyah acts as a strategic buffer zone for the United States against Spain and the Aztec Empire.

The cities should remain the same because they were once English/American. Sequoyah was known as the White Cherokee, since he adopted American ways. So basically the Republic of Sequoyah is greatly related to the United States and Canada.

My story is a lot different than yours and I'll include a history of each nations and a timeline and perhaps a chronological order of all the wars before the scenario starts.

:band:

18. Azale

Azale Deity

You should make your own preview thread for this, maybe ask for unit suggestions and stuff

19. Mobilize

That's a good idea, but I don't know about the units. I never really liked changing around all the files and folders in the Civ3/PTW directory but I guess I could do it. Do you have any units suggestions before I start the thread?

20. Azale

Azale Deity

Im not a units guy myself, but try browsing the unit index