Of the interest of "Walk of the trees"

I once used it early on in a deity game, when I was fighting very close borders with another civ. They were creating axemen who started with 3 free promotions thanks to deity free xp, and I just couldn't compete.

Using that, I annihilated their biggest stack of doom, proceeded to take 3 cities off of them, and another 4 from two neighbors, and those 5 turns of not being attacked were all I needed to make swordsmen and archers in every city, and support an invasion army. Thanks to the economic advantage of them losing, and me gaining 3 cities, I eventually beat them with sheer numbers.

It had many drawbacks, but march of the trees is one of the best worldspells there is. Do remember that the treants start with Woodsman II (double forest move), which makes it incredibly effective if your enemy has forests in their territory. It's like a free road network you can take advantage of, to outpace fleeing enemies. The New Forests that are left behind, also act as forests for that purpose, so you really have a range of 5-10 spaces, not just 5.

I would like to see Forestry I grant double movement and bonuses in New Forests, as well as Ancient and normal, so that treants can get to where they are going in time to be useful.

You mean woodsman II right?

Probably. :lol: I forget which allows the quicker movement.

Treants do start with Woodsman II and that does affect their usefulness by increasing their effective range.

Offensively: If you're playing a small map or the enemy's close enough AND there's some sort of all forest path to the enemy, Woodsman II may get a Treant there in time to do major damage.

Defensively: Really valuable for defense as your cities are probably near the summoned treants anyway but at least even more treants can be invited to the party and actually show up for it.

The promotion also adds 30% more (on top of Woodsman I's 30%) strength bonus.

Top Bottom