Office of the Judiciary - Term 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it appears all 3 members of the judiciary agree that the "Circle of Power" is a political party, I will close the thread.

I second shaitan. The judges are not only here for clarifying constitutional issues or denying pi's :)-P). They also have to take care that the game runs in a way which is intended and in the spirit of the game.
I even see the judges work in proposing changes to the constitutions which they see to be needed.

I have to agree with disorganizer on this. I believe that the Judiciary has a responsibility to respond to the chat thread/index issue.

I note that no PI's are denied right now as none have been asked for. ;-)

Bill
Judge Advocate

Bill:
well, none have been asked for because judical burocracy sets the hurdle for starting a pi so high :p
if the pi-startups would be more "customer friendly" we would surely have more of them

It seems to me it is pretty clear how to start one.

Just say who is accused, and what they did wrong by referencing the law. If someone can't do that, then it probably isn't a PI matter.

bill: hey, im just joking! did u see the simley? :p
i believe the judges do good work as a barrier and enforcement of good pi's.
but i also believe they should do more to push forward
* warning of people "on the edge of breaking a law"
* coming up with law proposals to improove the ruleset
* proactively starting to investigate suspect matters
and those things should of course also be done without a citizen to be needed to post a request (sometimes the change to the worse comes slowly and unnoticed by the populace, and thats where the judically elite must step in)

Oh, well in that case, I apologize ;-)

I do try to warn people of things, but I am just one opinion of many, and I would prefer to avoid imposing judicial ideas on everything that goes one.

I can help with the wording of laws and polls, but I think it is much better if the citizenry themselves promote the laws and ideas that they would like to see.

I think you may well be on to something with your comment: "(sometimes the change to the worse comes slowly and unnoticed by the populace, and thats where the judically elite must step in)"

I don't consider myself elite, but I can see where you are coming from on this, and so far, I have limited my comments to pointing out that the turn chat / forum relationship.

If I am fortunate enough to win the right to serve Fanatika again next term, perhaps I will spend some time looking into other things as well.

Bill

i hope that... and also that you can continue your work... btw: if you need a vote, you could buy mine :p
see the rpg bulletin board for details.

I'd like to state that, even though I intend to leave the judiciary, I will continue the work of improving Fanatika's laws, and enforcing them as well.

Otherwise, everything else that I could've said was already said.

BTW, I spoke with CT. She say's she's very busy between the demogame, the tournement, and RL. She is semi-retiring for this reason. This is why the index isn't as up-to-date as it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom