Official Domestic Border Proposal

Which Proposal Do You Want For Our Borders?

• Proposal One

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Proposal Two

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuck_as_a_Mac

Aptenodytes forsteri
Okay, I am getting sick and tired of the controversy around these polls.
The Following are the two polls that are up for consideration. This poll is a quickie, so it will be done in the middle of the Turn Chat.
Proposal 1: FortyJ's Capitol Province Proposal
Proposal Two: Chieftess's Nordic Gems Proposal

This poll will be up for one day and it is official.

this poll should be a bit longer as i have a feeling that it will not reach quorum in time. I appeal to the domestic department to let it run for 2 days or until the quorum is reached. We dont need to have the borders/provinces issue resloved that quick. this poll may not reach the quorum votes

And what did we learn? Quorums are not bad if you use them right :)
This measure obviously managed to pass officially and binding. And within only 24h!

Originally posted by disorganizer
And what did we learn? Quorums are not bad if you use them right :)
This measure obviously managed to pass officially and binding. And within only 24h!

How is this binding with only 14 votes cast? Isn't the quorum 19?

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
quick quorm, donsig. we ran this for 24 hours, meaning we needed only 1/3 instead of 1/2

You cannot do a quick for for borders! Quick polls were not meant to be a work around used to pass things that can't reach full quorum!

* Quick polls - When topic discussion is unwarranted or poll procedures cannot be maintained due to time constraints, a quick poll may be used.

Discussion is certainly warranted and there are no pressing time constraints here. We can continue to function as we have without provincial borders being officialy defined.

I will call for a judicial review of this.

We already had that review donsig :)
It was over-discussed. Just stop bickering about it. We had about 1 million polls and discussions on that topic and im really tired of it :-(

Originally posted by disorganizer
We already had that review donsig :)
It was over-discussed. Just stop bickering about it. We had about 1 million polls and discussions on that topic and im really tired of it :-(

I am sorry that you are tired of it dis. unfortunately that does not mean we can ignore the rules we all agreed on! Please post a links to the review and discussions because I missed the whole thing.

here are the polls, go thru the discussions yourself:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34180
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33940
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33374

im tired of it.
i cant find the statement concerning quick polls at the moment, and im tired of searching thru threads for reference.

you know what?
i second saam just taking action and using the proposal he likes. its in his responsibility due to our laws to DEFINE the borders. he doesnt have to poll on them according to our laws. so i live fine with him just proclaiming them.
:p
you want the laws, you get them directly in your face. the info polls before are far enough for him to proclaim the borders. without being sued for not respecting the will of citizenry

btw:
Code:
COL C.2

D. Department Leaders share several powers and responsibilities, regardless of department
     3. Formulate departmental policies, plans and agendas based on citizen feedback. 
     4. Formulate departmental policies, plans and agendas of their own in the absence of citizen feedback
        (forum outage, low participation, etc). 

F. Domestic Department 
     7.Organize mapping of Provincial Borders. 

Also appendix, explanation of "organize":
"In the context of a leader’s duties, this includes suggesting a plan, discussing it and passing instructions on to the Designated Player."

No word about a forced polling there. Also low participation will even allow him to go for his own :p

As i understand, the best way would be to let saam just decide it.

Why do we need to quick poll this?

Simple make it an official poll SaaM, and then the issue will finally be put to rest.

This vote did reach quick poll quorum, but since it is challenged on the grounds of quick vote not being applicable to a topic that is not critical for the next turn chat, then I have to agree. Quick polling this issue is not valid.

Bill
Chief Justice

Top Bottom