Old World Community Leaderboards

Dale

Mohawk Games Developer
Hi players! Today I am pulling the wraps off a little project I've been working on to support community involvement in Old World.

Old World Leaderboards!

In the past, a community member used to run an Old World GOTW ladder, where every week players submitted their save files, and they were rated on turn number to win. Unfortunately this community member has moved on and no longer runs these weekly ladders. So the past few months I have been working on a leaderboard website, so players can again upload their saves and compete for bragging rights against their fellow players!

I'm sure there's still a bug or two, so I apologise in advance.

How it works:
1. Visit the site: http://dales.world/OldWorldLeaderboards.aspx
2. Find your completed save in /Documents/MyGames/OldWorld/Saves/Completed/ using the save file browse button.
3. If you created a timeline gif you may also attach it using the appropriate browse button.
4. Enter a name to be known as on the leaderboard.
5. Hit UPLOAD!

Your save file (and timeline gif if included) will be uploaded and added to the leaderboards. Leaderboards are separated by game name, so each GOTW will automatically hook into the correct leaderboard. If you have a community save with its own "GameName" set in the save file, they will have their own leaderboard. If you just submit a normal SP game, it'll go on the "Standard New Game" leaderboard.

If there are any errors, blame @Solver . I do. :D

Do I have to rename the file to match the leaderboard name? All of my save files in the completed folder are named with the same syntax regardless of what they were named when I downloaded them.

(nevermind: I did not realize the save file was actually an xml with all the info needed)

Last edited:
Cool :)
Maybe a suggestion, if the GOTWs could be sorted by descending order to get the latest one first that would be more convenient (esp. in several months).
Well, I have a bug. My upload of GOTW #132 doesn't display the Legitimacy (the in-game Hall of Fame has not such issue).

About GOTW, until the #130 the difficult seemed it could be anything, but since the update that occured the week of this iteration it seems to be a cycle of Just - Magnificent - Noble. Is it intended? In other worlds, should I stop waiting for a Glorious GOTW?

Last edited:
Cool :)
Maybe a suggestion, if the GOTWs could be sorted by descending order to get the latest one first that would be more convenient (esp. in several months).
Well, I have a bug. My upload of GOTW #132 doesn't display the Legitimacy (the in-game Hall of Fame has not such issue).

About GOTW, until the #130 the difficult seemed it could be anything, but since the update that occured the week of this iteration it seems to be a cycle of Just - Magnificent - Noble. Is it intended? In other worlds, should I stop waiting for a Glorious GOTW?
No, the GOTW settings including difficulty are all random, it's just chance that it has happened that way (or a bug, but this seems unlikely as nothing has changed in the GOTW setup for a while)

Strange then, what would be the odds then for this perfect serie over 13 weeks (duplicates are from weeks when an update had reset the GOTW setting mid-week)?
123 - Glorious
124 - Just
125 - Magnificent
125 - Magnificent
126 - Good
127 - Magnificent
127 - Magnificent
128 - Strong
129 - Great
130 - Strong
130 - Just
131 - Magnificent
132 - Noble
133 - Just
134 - Magnificent
135 - Noble
136 - Just
137 - Magnificent
138 - Noble
139 - Just
140 - Magnificent
141 - Noble
142 - Just

It looks a little suspicious I'll grant you. It may be bugged or it may just be unlikely.

It was indeed a bug, with our Random Number Generator. Thanks for highlighting it! It will be fixed in the next update.

You're welcome. At least all my notes taking serve a purpose :)

Top Bottom