Old World (Test) Patch Review: Latest - June 23

Repurposing this thread for all the test patch reviews :) (Not sure if a mod can change the subject to be more generic?)
Moderator Action: Yes we can. The_J

Mohawk continues to make great balance changes, adjusting and improving the game. Here's a quick (does 25m count as quick?) video summarizing the changes:

upload_2022-6-22_22-12-42.gif

I'm most excited about the historical nerd potential of the dynasty system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm most excited about the historical nerd potential of the dynasty system.
ugh!

where am i supposed to find an extra 25 mins now that i have to watch this to find out what this means?! :splat:

where am i supposed to find an extra 25 mins now that i have to watch this to find out what this means?! :splat:

TL;DR:

Dynasties = There's four new preset leaders based on historical figures (Ptolemy, Alexander, Pericles, Leonidas) for Greece, some of whom have cool custom traits (e.g. recruit courtiers, build a unique shrine, have a 50% crit rate) as well as custom events. Presumably this will eventually be available for all eight nations, bringing joy to history nerd hearts everywhere.

TL;DR:

Dynasties = There's four new preset leaders based on historical figures (Ptolemy, Alexander, Pericles, Leonidas) for Greece, some of whom have cool custom traits (e.g. recruit courtiers, build a unique shrine, have a 50% crit rate) as well as custom events. Presumably this will eventually be available for all eight nations, bringing joy to history nerd hearts everywhere.
yeah, i watched (and liked :thumbsup: ); good vid (this and others)

you can really tell the guys behind OW really love their Ancient History in the great attention to detail

i just feel like sullla's involved

Nope, I love Sullla for his extremely high quality content, but he's not involved with developing Old World.

Sullla used to be involved ....... years ago. But dropped off the scene.

I saw him stream a very early version of OW but since then nothing. Not even a mention of it on his site. Strange, I would have thought this to be a game right up his street.

Top Bottom