On Imperiums and Succession games

Ragnoff

Warlord
Both of these sound like a lot of fun, and I would be interested in doing them!! However, I am not sure on how scoring is done. I only ask because both seem to have a "tourney" feel. If the main point is to have common games to discuss and spawn intaraction and discussion, that is good too, but I would not want to hurt my teammates in a succession game because of a lack of understanding!

I have spent time looking arround at the main forum, and at the discussion boards, and this is the only remaining question I have (actually that is not entirely true, I also want to know how to get on a succision team).

Thank in advance!

Ragnoff

The best way to join a SG is to post your desire in the SG thread. I am captain of team B and would not mind having a 5th player in our game. We have reached turn 150 and you will have to read the whole thread to have a sense of where we are going. I can't speak for Zed but it is also possible Team C would welcome a 5th player.

Like Jaxom said, you might be able to join a game in progress if there is an unfilled slot or someone drops out. New SG's are being organized chiefly at the RBMoo forum.

Civ3 SG's (with their own very busy forum here at CFC) usually organize in one of three ways:

* A single person fields a complete scenario idea all on his or her own and starts a thread, posts the rules, and takes random folks who want to join.

* A discussion is held in a separate thread, somewhere, where several people hash over the scenario until they agree. These games usually come with ready-made rosters, like you see here for RBMoo SG1.

* Someone starts a thread without a firm concept and takes ideas from potential players, who sign up without knowing what they are signing up for, but with a say in how it goes.

The latter is the most chaotic, sometimes leading to game threads that drag on for pages of debate before the game even starts. It's also the only way for folks to "come in late" and still have any say in the game.

The first option is one in which the game host sets all the details, and may fall flat if not enough folks like what they saw to join in. To make this work, you need to know what you're doing, to put together a game that will appeal to enough players. A reputation in the community for past success helps a lot, as certain players can attract almost-certain audiences just by putting their name to an idea, having proven out over time to be effective leaders.

The second option is the standard method for SG play. Discussion threads of that sort can clutter the board, though, so folks tend to try to limit them, even to reuse old discussion threads for additional discussions. As of now, all the RBMoo SG discussions are taking place at RBMoo, and then we come here to play, where there is the file server that Civ3 SG players have come to depend on so heavily, as well as wider audiences who are interested in reading and lurking.

If you want to get involved, keep abreast of events at RBMoo forum, or even pipe up with your own suggestions and efforts to get a game running. And of course, you don't have to run under the RB banner. You can also organize your own SG here, on your own terms, in the first style above, if you can get the players to follow along and make it work.

- Sirian

RBMoo1C could certainly use another player, with only 4 it's a bit problematic when people get busy.

Thanks for the responces!

I would like to join B team, I have played a number of games through completion and read the IGmoo forums regularly so I think I am up to date with general gameplay. I have the Updated data patch installed and the encyclopedia mod but no others.

Zed, thanks for the offer! I saw Jaxom's message first and have already worked my way through most of his game thread, so I will work with that team for this SG.

I will post a hello in the B team thread.

Top Bottom