One (University) City Challenge

Starting off in the Monsoon Jungle is fine, as you’ll need the extra Nutrients for making your city as tall as possible. Honestly, I prefer to just stick with the regular/default unit designs. But if anyone else edits the unit designs in their OCC game without using the Scenario Editor, or even an attempted reload, then that’s fine too. I guess that I was just too vague on this topic. I also forgot to mention that Probe Teams can only bribe a single unit at a time. So yes, the unit stacking trick would work as well. For me however, it’s a little too powerful, so I almost always try to just make to do without it. Losing a hard earned tech to another faction via their Probe Team can be handled, but having to lose anything else to them (I.e. Facility, Current tech Progress, Population [Atrocity if the UN Charter is still in force], etc.) is definitely a problem. I usually end up just losing techs to them; no big deal, they’re just jealous of my superior lifestyle and merely want a share of the pie. You can just give them whatever of your Techs they ask for during negotiations, and then they’ll leave you alone again for like, ~99.9% of the time.

If I remember well, it is sometimes possible for AIs to make subsequent demands from you in the same diplomatic conversation as their first demand. Their first demand will be "give me money/tech or I will squash you", you cave in, and then they're like "ha, you're begging for mercy, give me more". That is why I always stand up to AIs on their stupid demands or pick the make trade option if it is available.

The best way to defend one city base would involve:
1. Forests, followed by bunkers when you get the tech;
2. sensors;
3. up to date on metal defence tech;
4. strong rovers to destroy stacks; and
5. Good support mechanics going to clean reactors.

Going green and getting mind worms for free helps but never, ever return your mind worms to base, because then they cost upkeep from your base.

If I remember well, it is sometimes possible for AIs to make subsequent demands from you in the same diplomatic conversation as their first demand. Their first demand will be "give me money/tech or I will squash you", you cave in, and then they're like "ha, you're begging for mercy, give me more". That is why I always stand up to AIs on their stupid demands or pick the make trade option if it is available.

The best way to defend one city base would involve:
1. Forests, followed by bunkers when you get the tech;
2. sensors;
3. up to date on metal defence tech;
4. strong rovers to destroy stacks; and
5. Good support mechanics going to clean reactors.

Going green and getting mind worms for free helps but never, ever return your mind worms to base, because then they cost upkeep from your base.

Wait, can you SERIOUSLY stack Forests, Bunkers and Sensors on the same square? Obviously, the Clean Reactor Bonus is CRITICAL. High Armor Values will also be required for Non-Psi Combat. If ALL OF THAT'S the case, then I MIGHT JUST be able to SAFELY refuse enemy demands (for once/I hope). Just "hold" (Fortify) said positions, and you'd be all set.

Wait, can you SERIOUSLY stack Forests, Bunkers and Sensors on the same square? Obviously, the Clean Reactor Bonus is CRITICAL. High Armor Values will also be required for Non-Psi Combat. If ALL OF THAT'S the case, then I MIGHT JUST be able to SAFELY refuse enemy demands (for once/I hope). Just "hold" (Fortify) said positions, and you'd be all set.

Yes, but bunkers are not available until you get advanced military algorithms. It's the same tech where you get +100% anti-air defence modifiers.

This isn't really that hard of a challenge. Get weather paradigm. Bribe the AIs to go away (as long as they don't demand a bazillion dollars). Pump out crawlers to solve all of your resource problems. Max out energy by raising elevation as much as possible. Set up a solar farm using mirrors, solar panels and drilling rivers so each crawler brings in 10 energy at a time. You'll have problems with your clean mineral limit. Hopefully having buckets of cash will help you offset this by just being able to buy stuff.

You'll need to fend off worms and the AIs from your ultra-vulnerable crawlers, which is easier on a bigger map. The AI tends to hate the leading player, which you won't be anyway.

If the AI pollute the planet just use your formers to keep everything above ground.

This isn't really that hard of a challenge. Get weather paradigm. Bribe the AIs to go away (as long as they don't demand a bazillion dollars). Pump out crawlers to solve all of your resource problems. Max out energy by raising elevation as much as possible. Set up a solar farm using mirrors, solar panels and drilling rivers so each crawler brings in 10 energy at a time. You'll have problems with your clean mineral limit. Hopefully having buckets of cash will help you offset this by just being able to buy stuff.

You'll need to fend off worms and the AIs from your ultra-vulnerable crawlers, which is easier on a bigger map. The AI tends to hate the leading player, which you won't be anyway.

If the AI pollute the planet just use your formers to keep everything above ground.

Now using Crawlers for one city runs, but still prefer to use forests, thanks to their producing of a good bit of everything. Weather Paradigm can help obviously, so that works. Simply using Energy to purchase everything doesn’t work with my preferred strategy though, so that’s a bit of a problem when I need to build a project quickly.

Top Bottom