(Option Request) Bonus Resources visible from start of game?

Rolaran

Chieftain
This is basically the only thing that I like better in the unmodded game, the ability to see stone, sheep, fish and so forth right at the beginning of the game. I'm kind of a perfectionist about city layout, and finding out that I could have grabbed three more bananas by founding my capital one tile over makes me a sad world leader. I have been getting around it by starting games in the Classical Era, but I'd like to try out the Ancient Era gameplay as well.

Would it be difficult to implement an option that moves all of the bonus resource reveals back to Agriculture, so that they are visible on turn one? Ideal would be if it were one of the advanced options at game creation, but if that's a bad idea for some reason, I would even download and run an additional submod that made this change and nothing else.

(I thought about asking the same thing for Strategic Resources, but that has some serious potential for balance problems- hello, 5-hammer ancient era coal mine, how are you?)

-- OPTIONS --
-- If you have not read the instructions above, please do so now!
-- Disabling files below will only remove the SQL changes. If you also want to remove the XML changes, you will need to delete the associated XML files.
/*
Changes to Civilization Traits
0 = All Resources Visible at Game Start
1 = Only Luxury Resources Visible at Game Start
2 = Only Bonus Resources Visible at Game Start
3 = No Resources Visible at Game Start
*/

INSERT INTO COMMUNITY (Type, Value)
VALUES ('COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_RESOURCE_REVEAL', 1);

Check the CommunityOptions.sql file in ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(2) Community Balance Overhaul

Found the file. All I need to do is change that 1 into a 0? Nice, thanks for the help.

Is the XML thing something I need to worry about, or not in this case?

Found the file. All I need to do is change that 1 into a 0? Nice, thanks for the help.

Is the XML thing something I need to worry about, or not in this case?
An *.xml file is just a particularly formatted text document.

Top Bottom