Order of city improvements

ivory

What 's the big picture?
Silly question for all the wizards here: I just added my first building (a museum). It appears at the bottom of the list of things the city can build, which appears to use the same order as the dropdownlist in the editor, but I would like it to be among the other city improvements of course. How would I do that?

Unfortunately, there is (as far as I know) no way to do this short of deleting and re-adding all the improvements. :(

When I added all the units to my Civ3K mod I was forced to delete all but the king units and the settler, worker, leader, and army. I then added all in in the order I wanted them. Even then I had to add a few that I forgot to the bottom. It's a pain, but there's no way around it. If you're only making a small change I'd advise you to just leave the museum at the bottom.

Thanks Challnger for clearing that up. I didn't find anything about such basic question I was thinking I missed something totally obvious. Now here is something to put on the Editor Wish List!

In theory, you could use a binary editor on the BIC file to rearrange them to the order you want, and then go back and fix things like references to prerequisites, but Isak's the only one I know insane enough to have done that ;) I think the multitool allows you to insert a unit into a BIC where you want, but I also think that it does not have such a feature for buildings. You may want to take a look at it (Utility Forum) to double-check.

Thanks for that, pdescobar. That Multitool seems impressive by the size of the thread alone. I found Isak saying in post 844 on page 43 that the issue has been noted, but wasn't a high priority.
At first, I was surprised there was only one tab for both improvements and wonders, since there is very little overlap in their functionality and each greys out the other's half of the screen, but at some point you just stop wondering, I quess... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom