1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

OS Corruption

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by whiplash_CDC, Oct 25, 2008.

1. whiplash_CDC

whiplash_CDC King

I've played a kazillion hours of BTS SP using the 3.17 patch. Just lately the game locks up, usually on a save load. Nothing in my configuration has changed. What worked fine for a long time no longer does so.

A normal lock-up would just be a minor annoyance; but now it corrupts the XP operating system so that it won't reboot properly. I need to try multiple times or boot from the CD.

Any Ideas?

2. [KC]Bantams

[KC]Bantams Chieftain

sounds like a dying graphics card or maybe a dusty fan i would look inside pc case and and check its got good ventilation try playing with the side panels off might help airflow :p

3. Woody1

Woody1 Prince

You're not seriously suggesting that Civ4 is corrupting your O/S, are you? This doesn't sound like a problem that has anything to do with a bug in Civ4. You need to trash your current crappy computer and get a real one. It's dying.

4. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade Holy Pin

This sounds like a hardware problem, mainly the harddisk. If you have a 2nd harddisk boot from this one and make a filesystemcheck. Perhaps you have the chance of doing a system repair at boot-time. If not :mad:

5. whiplash_CDC

whiplash_CDC King

Thanx for the suggestions. It turns out that the problem was overheating of the power supply.