Other Civ has super advanced unit

crazypete

Chieftain
Hi all,

I'm playing on emperor level (gods and kings) and just hit the industrial age. Catherine hit the industrial age a few turns ago. She just declared war on me, and in the middle of her musketmen, knights and cannon, there is an anti-tank gun! Now that is 2 ages (atomic age) and countless technologies ahead of where she should be (I'm also ahead of her score wise: ~530 to 450.

Is this a bug, since I've never seen it happen before? I can't see anyway that with her score and recent movement into the industrial age she could have this. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

Pete

Ah! I never thought of that. I guess it usually doesn't happen that late in the game (especially since I'm playing marathon speed).

Makes sense though. Thanks!

I had a calavry that hit a ancient ruin ended up as tank finished off the iroquis with that.

At least they fixed the thing where one unit could upgrade multiple times through ruins. I remember once a long time ago I had I think it was a Spearman upgrade into Pikeman and then Rifleman and then Infantry through ruins. And this was when the others were in Medieval era. I did take some satisfaction in taking out Genghis Kahn singlehandedly with this unit. :clap:

I had a calavry that hit a ancient ruin ended up as tank finished off the iroquis with that.

A tank? Well that`s mighty screwy. So, if you find a ruin and have a pretty advanced unit from a modern era, the ruin will upgrade the unit to something even more advanced?

That`s like archaelogists in the 20th century discovering an ancient ruin and finding a modern mobile phone - or the schematics for one!

That would mean there had to be a whole ADVANCED society, presumably before recorded history thousands of years ago, that had incredibly sophisticated tech, but then vanished without a trace except for this one technology for a tank upgrade. Or Time Travel.

It makes no sense at all.

Getting tech or upgrades from ruins should stop once you get to gunpowder.

well cavalry upgrades to tanks and it was a ruin on a little island.

Ah yess, the glory days of the Ancient Era Mechanized Infantry. Burninating the country side way before stuff to burninate other stuff was even a concept.

The first game I played I was running around with a spearman, and I saw a Chinese Infantry run by. I quit the game thinking I was that far behind in tech.

Legends speak of great metal monsters that once roamed the planet we now reside, and to preserve their species, they hid their schematics in great fortresses now scattered across the world as ruins...

Top Bottom