1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Outback Tycoon

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Esperr, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Janskey

Janskey Chieftain

Might be because the AI is having some problems with the scenario.

This is from turn 41 and the settlers never settled.

2. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

I saw the same thing in my initial play though of the scenario. I think one AI player settled a 2nd city just on the edge of his capital borders. The others settled none. All of them had settlers walking around inside their own borders.

3. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

In my game they did settle a bunch of cities but they never got more than some 30 gpt.

4. CellKu

CellKu Chieftain

Thanks for the advice regarding the strategy. It does help quite a bit. Without chopping I made it to just over 600, so when I started chopping during my next run, the 900 for deity was a piece of cake.

I have to say I like this scenario a lot. Very refreshing idea. I wonder whether that is a kind of test run for some sort of economic victory to be introduced in the next expansion. Definitely an idea they should pursue, IMO.

5. Yzman

Yzman Chieftain

Finally did this scenario. Did the chopping strategy, worked very well. Getting over 600 without chopping is pretty impressive. What did you use?

6. V. Soma

V. Soma CFC Staff

With the chop=AIF method I got it to 1470 per turn - but I feel it like cheating...

I will try to get above 900 with using the chops only to get buildings.

EDIT:
    First try I got 615... uhh...

EDIT2
    I managed it, 1049/turn with 10 national parks and some AIFs...
    Early gold rush helped... no science or cultural districts, Reef tiles give science...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018