1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Pinned Threads

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Lord Civius, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

The following Pinned Threads are either outdated or are unable to be edited as they were posted by players no longer active.

Citizen Forum
    New lost post here- Croxis
    Faction Guild Index- Strider
    How to set up a faction- Croxis

Gameplay Forum
    Game Saves- Daveshack
    Arkadian Dynasty Schedule- Seidrik the Grey
    Information Thread Index- Daveshack

Civ4- Democracy Game III
    New Players Start Here- Daveshack

The ones in red are no longer needed and the ones in black need to be replaced by a more active citizen and updated. I am going to ask that these be unpinned but first lets come up with the new threads to pin. I will go over each one in detail below:

New Players Start Here-
    Should be replaced by "What is the CIV Dgame" though the name should stay the same (New Players Start Here). It will need to be edited a little to fit the new name though.

Citizens Forum
    New lost post here-
    Is an important thread as it is the last resort of a new player confused on where to go or what to do. They may not even know what to ask so the opening post must be more informative.

Faction Guild Index-
    Mainly just needs to be updated to include factions that exist in the game today and Archive those that do not.

How to set up a faction-
    Strictly needs to be updated as we are no longer in Despotism.

Gameplay Forum
    Game Saves-
    Needs to be updated to include all the saves in the first post.

Information Thread Index-
    Again needs a serious update.

These are our pinned threads that new players see first. If they are not up to date and informative than we have no hopes of keeping any new citizens we entice with the ad. I know some of these can be easily updated by asking the original poster to update for us but that is a very short term solution. They must be accessable to very active citizens.

If you want to contribute to the new pinned threads pick one and post your final draft here and please use spoiliers. We will wait until they are all done to request the mass move.

2. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

This is the Game Saves Edit. A work in progress, it will take a bit to get it all done.

Here is a thread to store game saves, so the people don't have to go looking for them.
    Please post the ending save for each play session here, as well as any intermediate saves.
    Note: the DG tradition is to post a save every 5 turns. It lets the citizens see the progress of the game.

Note2: If you play with the autolog option turned on, it would also be helpful to post the autolog file. Another thread will be started to explain the details.

Creation save

April, May, and June Saves
    Spoiler :
    April 3rd save

April 12th save

April 21st save

April 28th save

May 23rd save

May 30th save

June 6th View attachment 179221

June 21st Attachment 180793

June 28th View attachment 181471

July and August Saves
    Spoiler :
    July 5th View attachment 182110

August 9th View attachment 185353

August 14th Attachment 185851

August 16th Attachment 186031

August 19th Attachment 186425

August 24th Attachment 186788

August 28th/29th Attachment 187129

September Saves
    Spoiler :
    September 2nd Attachment 187504

3. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Update - My "What is the Dgame thread has been renamed "Start Here" and is now pinned in the main Civ4- Dgame Forum.

Citizen Forum Proposed changes-

New lost post here- original poster (Croxis)
    Proposed new post-
    Faction Guild Index orignal poster (Strider)
    Proposed new post-
    How to set up a Faction original poster (Croxis)
    Proposed new post

4. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

Were you thinking of reviving the Church of Giruvegan because it's up there and IMO, it's not really active.

5. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Anyone want to tackle the information thread index? Way to step up Cyc :goodjob: , the Game saves will be quite a bit of work. Anyone who wants to participate but doesn't want to do the Inforamtion Thread Index can help out by posting screenshots from the missing TC's in the Screenshots thread (Gameplay Forum). I'm gonna go ahead and have a mod do the Citizens Forum re-pins while we work on the Gameplay Forum.

6. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

It's not active but the church is. So I felt it rational to include it, hey this discussion may awaken it.

7. Cyc

Ok, the "Game Saves" thread is completed/current. Let me know when you need it moved.

8. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I've already put the ones from the citizen forum in the needed things thread. Just put it there and have them archive or delete the old one.

9. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

The information Thread Index is only one post so I'm going to put the updated info in the second post. When you request the your saves thread be pinned ask him to unstick the Arkadian Dynasty Schedule.

10. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

Lord Civius, I think these are mostly taken care of, I would gladly attempt the new "Information Thread Index" but it looks like you just want to add to it judging from your last post.

11. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Yes it can be done from the second post. I think we should include all of the Turnsessions with the Game saves Cyc. I'll round them all up for you but i cannot edit your thread.

12. Cyc