Over the Reich - McMonkey vs. JPetroski

Testing confirms that doing so wiped the points, and also likely caused a clouds issue that I just encoutered. Who knows what else.

Anything to do with the 'state' table (basically any 'extra' information included in the saved game via lua events) will have been removed.

Since you will be using the cheat mode anyway, it might be easier to use the civ.deleteCity, civ.addImprovement, and civ.removeImprovement functions through the console to delete the extra cities and give the correct improvements, rather than messing about with the events.lua itself.

On second thought, maybe it would be easier to comment out the build city trigger, since that will also change terrain on the maps (and maybe something else I don't remember).

Honestly I'm a little leery of messing too much with the events at this point and would suggest that I simply build the cities and deal with 2 extra ones on the night for now. I can starve them and possibly destroy them by building construction crews and can simply not use them. I don't think the 4 or 6 extra fuel per turn will hurt anything, but could just fire an extra ammo somewhere to account for that if it bothers you, McMonkey.

Any issues with that? I'd like to avoid any chance of requiring a second "do over."

I presume @McMonkey didn't start the game, since there were no downloads on turn 12. If he did, I'll re-do this again.

Constructed Russian Front and Italian Front cities. With Console, deleted free cities on night map, changed upper map and night map terrain to urban at Russian Front, Hills at Italian Front. Changed Low daylight map to otherFront on low map. Set both cities to size 2. Created Bofors in Italian Front city (Russian Front units seem to have been NON units). Joined German player back into the game and pressed ctrl+n. I may have forgotten to move the map view to Sweden.

Attachments

• OtherFrontsReplaced.hot.zip
    114.1 KB · Views: 35
@McMonkey If it was a long turn, then post and I'll update your saved game instead. If it was quick, then replay. It's a 3 minute job for me to fix the saved game, so probably less than for you to replay, but there is the coordination time to factor in (I have to get the save before JPetroski can play, which might be a delay).

McMonkey if you haven't started to replay just use the file Garfield posted and you'll be good. I am assuming Garfield meant "if you have already replayed and it was long." I believe we definitely need to replay turn 12 (which I have already done) correct @Prof. Garfield?

McMonkey if you haven't started to replay just use the file Garfield posted and you'll be good. I am assuming Garfield meant "if you have already replayed and it was long." I believe we definitely need to replay turn 12 (which I have already done) correct @Prof. Garfield?

I used the turn 12 save you posted at #40 to make the change, so yes. I forgot that @McMonkey had played turn 12 already, and thought that he had taken the game from post #40 and was now about to replay that.

If McMonkey has used the saved game from post 40 and played that, then he can either replay using the saved game I posted, or I can modify his save to put back the Russian and Italian Fronts. If McMonkey has not used the save from post 40, then he should use the saved game I provided in order to play.

Axis Turn 12 (replayed)

I used Garfield's save from post #44. Played the turn as closely as I could to last time. Only differences were that the Destroyer combat did not occur (no losses on either side) a badly damaged Stirling near Wilhelmshaven was finished off (not sure how I missed this one last time!) an unlucky Spitfire that had strayed within Light Flak range near Brest was shot down with one salvo (lucky shot!).

The scores seem ok now.

Attachments

• AxisTurn12 2nd.7z
    97.7 KB · Views: 29
Allies Turn 13

Thanks for being a sport about this. I know it's not the easiest scenario to replay a turn on. Hopefully that won't happen again. At least we both get to feel all pioneer like with lua, eh? Who knew that would've caused an issue!

-Cherbourg port was attacked with exceptionally unimpressive results. How thick is that cement over your U-Boat pens???
-U-Boat destroyed near Brest

Attachments

• AlliesTurn13.zip
    113.6 KB · Views: 25
Axis Turn 13

I used the cheat menu to prevent one of my airbases from disbanding a Fw190 as the resources assigned to workers were set up incorrectly. I think this was human error on my part & I'll go through my airbases at the end of my turns to prevent this in future.

Swansea hit by a night raid. Urban area damaged.

Two B17s crippled by Naval Flak over Cherbourg.

Attachments

• AxisTurn13.7z
    98.4 KB · Views: 32
Allies Turn 14

-He111 is destroyed near Swansea by Beaufighters
-Cherbourg port is finished off, left to be destroyed by the Luftwaffe that abandoned its defenses to the Kriegsmarine!

Attachments

• AlliesTurn14.zip
    115 KB · Views: 27
If I try and build a second new airfield on France I get a message about the high command not agreeing to a defence in depth but then the airfield is built anyway. However, it seems to produce city units & improvements, rather than airfield ones. Is this correct? (apologies if I missed this in the readme).

I think the airfield gets deleted next turn - you can't build airfields in southern France to prevent you from just building them right next to where your freight trains come out. If the city doesn't delete next turn, you shouldn't use it to build city improvements.

Edit - I tested this in single player. It deletes the city. Please feel free to use cheat mode to give yourself back the Construction crew.

Last edited:
I always save just before a major action, such as building a new city, just in case I've made a silly error. This feature makes sense. Is it in the readme? If so, what is the line between Northern & Southern France?

113<=x<=247, 111<=y<=145, but if you cancel the construction after receiving the warning, you should still have the construction crew.

Edit: It should be deleted on the next active unit. Did you happen to build the city with your last active unit?

Top Bottom