Over the Reich Playtest Contest

Prof. Garfield

Deity
Supporter
@JPetroski and I have largely finished Over the Reich now. We're basically just checking over documentation and being prepared to fix any bugs that our last round of changes may have created. You can find the scenario here.

To celebrate, I've decided to offer a little contest:

The Prize: A Forum Supporter Badge
(If you already have one, I'll gift it to whomever you would like.)

The Rules:
Each person can enter up to two times. The Winner will be chosen at random from among the entries. (I'll probably use the results of a lottery somewhere to make the decision, so it is fair.) There are three ways to enter:

1. Play as the Allies in an OTR PBEM game in a Civfanatics forum thread, and have the game reach at least turn 25 by March 2, 2021.

2. Play as the Germans in an OTR PBEM game in a Civfanatics forum thread, and have the game reach at least turn 25 by March 2, 2021.

3. Play against yourself in the single player hotseat mode, and reach at least turn 50 by March 2, 2021. PM me a zip file of saved games spaced roughly 5 turns apart.

You can enter only once with each method. (So, playing 2 single player games, for example, would only get you one chance to win, but a player who played 2 PBEMs, 1 as Allies, and the other as Germans, would get 2 chances.) Winning your game does not increase your odds. If a game doesn't reach turn 25, but one player was consistently prompt in their play, I'll enter that player into the contest as well. Good Luck.

Feel free to use this thread to organize games. If you have any questions/concerns, please let me know.

I realize this sort of contest is unprecedented. I have a couple reasons for offering, which don't apply to most scenario releases. First is that since this is a multi player scenario, it is useful to try to get a few people to play at the same time. Second is that we 'released' the scenario a couple times already, only to go on and make substantial changes to the game. This time, I'm at least willing to bet $US 36 that changes to the game will be optional tweaks.

Top Bottom