Overpowered Oppurtunity Fire?

Odinius Arcainius

îƮ§ ƉÅЍĝΞЯØʯ§ Ʈʘ ĝØ ƛŁʘЍΞ
Not sure what mod this component originates from, by default it is Off.

Under RevDCM
Oppurtunity Fire
Enables sentry siege the possibility to open fire through opportunity volleying.

This options seems to cause way more damage to my army outside city walls then I am able to inflict on their units even with several upgraded siege units of my own. It seems I am barely able to nick their units (after fully destroying city defensiveness bonus) using trebuchets with Collateral Damage III upgrades, yet they reduce all my units health by nearly 10-15% per turn parked outside their walls.

This concept appealed to me because it seemed reminiscent to the Colonization (MPS version) days when your vessel sailed to close or land unit got to close to a fort with artillery units they would automatically open fire inflicting some damage, but as it is it seems OP.

Not sure what mod this component originates from, by default it is Off.

Under RevDCM
Oppurtunity Fire
Enables sentry siege the possibility to open fire through opportunity volleying.

This options seems to cause way more damage to my army outside city walls then I am able to inflict on their units even with several upgraded siege units of my own. It seems I am barely able to nick their units (after fully destroying city defensiveness bonus) using trebuchets with Collateral Damage III upgrades, yet they reduce all my units health by nearly 10-15% per turn parked outside their walls.

This concept appealed to me because it seemed reminiscent to the Colonization (MPS version) days when your vessel sailed to close or land unit got to close to a fort with artillery units they would automatically open fire inflicting some damage, but as it is it seems OP.
You are probably not just receiving opportunity fire but also being harmed by the trap and tower defense buildings in the city that cause damage to units that park next to the city every round. Opp fire obviously depends on there being siege and distance weaponry inside the city and the AI doesn't tend to make a lot of units for that purpose so I doubt your problem is much to do with that.

You are probably not just receiving opportunity fire but also being harmed by the trap and tower defense buildings in the city that cause damage to units that park next to the city every round.

Fair enough, as even after I disabled OP fire and reloaded, I still had damage to units outside that town. I had forgotten about those other defensive buildings.

Ironically when I pulled my troops back to heal, the AI moved his powerful defenders out of that city and it was much easier to take the second time. :D

Fair enough, as even after I disabled OP fire and reloaded, I still had damage to units outside that town. I had forgotten about those other defensive buildings.

Ironically when I pulled my troops back to heal, the AI moved his powerful defenders out of that city and it was much easier to take the second time. :D
Oyvey...

Top Bottom