Votes: 29 13.2%
  • 40 - 45

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • 45 +

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
20. Played Civ1 when I was about 12, then soon after that, moved on to Civ III, its expansions and now am occasionally playing Civ IV (since when it came out) BtS from time to time.

In in the 10 - 18 group... but maybe I should wait two months to vote so I can pick 19 - 25. ;)

It's nice to see all of the people in their teens and twenties who can appreciate a turn based strategy game instead of the real time first person shooter games.

21. College history major. Civ4 is like crack for me. I must be a part of the most at-risk demographic for Civanon. "Oh, I have a reading to do for class tomorrow on the Russian Empire? Well, I'll just fire up a game of Catherine and get myself into the mood with a little immersion first..." 10 hours later..."What is that strange light coming in through my windows...?"

It's nice to see all of the people in their teens and twenties who can appreciate a turn based strategy game instead of the real time first person shooter games.

Call of Duty World of War is fun for a quick rush, but civ is better for a drawn out game. I play either depending on how much time i have on my hands.

I'm 23. I'm probably one of the younger ones who's been playing since Civ 1 days, but I don't remember too much from it (I only really start remembering from civ 2 days, but looking back at some of the old unit graphics, it does bring back memories of my old stacks of Armors).

I bet I'm the oldest here - all I'll say is that I remember VE day, just...

EDIT: Just seen Bushface - old enough to have made the day

Amen, brother!

I've been wasting my life with Civilization since it was just a box game from Avalon Hill. Good times, though, every minute.

I resemble that remark.

Normally my wife and I spend our at home weeknights in front of the tv with our laptops.
She doesn't have the patience for CIV, so she spends her time baiting people on other forums for her amusement, or beating them on eBay.

She does appreciate the game enough to recommend it to her friends as a Christmas present for their pre-teenagers and teenagers.

I resemble that remark.

Normally my wife and I spend our at home weeknights in front of the tv with our laptops.
She doesn't have the patience for CIV, so she spends her time baiting people on other forums for her amusement, or beating them on eBay.

She does appreciate the game enough to recommend it to her friends as a Christmas present for their pre-teenagers and teenagers.

That makes her as bad as a crack dealer ;)

At least she's not recommending WoW.

Whoops double post

I'm 14. I like stratagy games and a friend was telling me about civ and showed it to me, so I got civIV complete this christmass. I love it.

I was going to pass on my Civ4 Vanilla CD to my 14-year-old nephew, now that I'm on BtS - but I got a sharp look from his father, and that was the end of that (plus, of course, he should have bought his own copy, I know...).

32. Started on Civ I, played them all through to Civ IV where my city spamming technique of Civ III didn't pan out. Switched to BTS just before Xmas so the advice and strategies on CF would make sense.

I've completed more FPSs than I care to remember, maxed out more WoW characters than I can count on one hand... but when those games wear thin, when the shine is gone, I've always come back to Civ, it's that one constant in my life as a gamer (now if only I could get good at it).

32 a few weeks ago. Yikes im really getting old.

51 and playing since Civ I. Never too old to Civ.

I've completed more FPSs than I care to remember, maxed out more WoW characters than I can count on one hand... but when those games wear thin, when the shine is gone, I've always come back to Civ, it's that one constant in my life as a gamer (now if only I could get good at it).

Exactly the same here.

Top Bottom