• 45 +

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Red Dwarf Devil

Little Green Man
All,

Just looking for some ammo to show the missus that I am not the only person my age playing THAT STUPID GAME her words Blasphemy I say

IIRC, there was a poll awhile back and the oldest player was in his 80's or something. I'm 51 myself. Civ draws player of all ages, it's not just a kid's game.

I'm in my last semester of grad school - 25.

Speaking of grad school - your poll has a common market research mistake. Which button would one click if they happened to be 30, 35, 40, or 45?

35-40 here.

Divorce may be the only reasonable option OP for such sacrilegious words! Just erm make sure you get the PC and the game in the settlement!

35-40 here too.

I'm older than dirt and twice as good looking. :rolleyes:

Remember people don't age the same. If you're 30 and have been married for five years then add them together and your real age is 35. Sort of like dog years. Other factors can age you as well.

Gregorian calender age = 38

Real age = 117

I'm 40 , so which age band do I fall into in the poll?

[EDIT: Since I'm forty-one this year ( again), I'll go for the 40-45 band. That will help push up the average age, which is what the OP is clearly hoping for.]

23. Civ has turned me into a 40+ though.

"You coming out for a few beers tonight?"

"No, I've got Sitting Bull to deal with"

Old enough to remember the awe I felt watching a friend play Civ1
- The elation I felt when I got it for Christmas
- The panic I felt when I found it came on High Density disks, when my computer only read Double Density
- The relief I felt when my computer teacher at school managed to get the game onto DD disks for me.
- The lamentation of the crushing burden it put on our family computer.

Those were the days when games came in boxes the size of an encyclopedia, so it could fit the large number of 3.5 inch disks required and a book sized instruction manual.

I'm 52 and believe that wasting one's life on Civ is not just the domain of the young.

I'm 51 and civving since Civ I came out, we old timers sure have wasted a lot of time. :D

And Welcome to the Forums Buck_Nekkid. :beer:

I've been playing since Civ 2 came out.

23. Civ has turned me into a 40+ though.

"You coming out for a few beers tonight?"

"No, I've got Sitting Bull to deal with"

Hey, I'm 41 and still go out to drink beer with the guys...occasionally. :)

I'm in my last semester of grad school - 25.

Speaking of grad school - your poll has a common market research mistake. Which button would one click if they happened to be 30, 35, 40, or 45?

Yes - I am 35 for another month, and I damn well clicked the 30-35 range, thank you very much.

Yes - I am 35 for another month, and I damn well clicked the 30-35 range, thank you very much.

The point is that building a questionnaire with that mistake will under or over represent certain groupings. My guess is that a lot of people would choose as you did - but that's still likely to screw up the demographics.

I'm 51 and civving since Civ I came out, we old timers sure have wasted a lot of time. :D

And Welcome to the Forums Buck_Nekkid. :beer:

Amen, brother!

I've been wasting my life with Civilization since it was just a box game from Avalon Hill. Good times, though, every minute.

Top Bottom