Paratroops

you want commando on your 2-movers, with that you can do some nasty stuff on the first war-turn.
I'd some huge map games where my knights make it all the way up to super-gunships.

Yeah, same here. I had from horse archers all the way to gunships. The bad trick about that is that the gunships couldn't fly over the sea so you had to transport them to other continents with transport.

I have found them quite useful in a teamer game when u attack with a mg-artillery-infantry stack. Basically, when you move to the enemy land, right near his city, he grills your stack with artillery, and he is gaining momentum because he gets reinforcements faster than you. You have to move with your own reinforcements 3-4 turns into his land. And by that time he could make good odds on your stack. With paratroopers, you can drop all the reinforcements right to the grilled stack. So fresh paratroopers will have better odds vs his units. And it will be only the production race, who could build more units. Ofc you will have to destroy his planes for the drop to be successful. So they can grant you the 2-3 turns to heal your units from his artillery, and strike back.

Top Bottom