Passive ai

zoommooz11

Warlord
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. In my current game, I have selected aggressive ai, which has resulted in an increase in declarations of war, but at the mid point of the game and have not seen one single incursion into my lands. Coupled with this is the poor research rate that the ai seems to be doing, made all the more perplexing seeing as I am playing on immortal level. I can remember in the old FF2 only days, where I saw stack of 130 pyres zombie's come over the hill on monarch level, and am wondering if all the goodies (which I love) of Final have made the ai suffer greatly in this regard?

Cheers

Edit: Just to add, the events where you get golden ages, and free great prophets seem to fire way too regularly, as I have had about 6-8 of each in the first 500-600 turn on marathon.

I attempted to fix AI aggressiveness in my Final Fixes patch and major progress was made compared to before (the AI only built units that stayed in cities, no buildings or anything), but the AI being passive is still a major issue.

Lol. It was my main goal and I did the extent I could with XML, but might require some python. You can edit the AI's war willingness along with AIweight variables to say what they want to build, but that can only do so much. The AI is broken and what I accomplished was only a small patch to make it closer to balanced.

Lol. It was my main goal and I did the extent I could with XML, but might require some python.

Unfortunately, it's not python. It's the DLL, which means investigating 11 MB of C++ code :eek:

I know it's insane. That's why I gave my best shot and went back to More Naval AI as C++ I don't know yet :/

Top Bottom