[patch .275] Civilian units not able to cross thru foreign unit tile

Pep

King
In the attached image, you can see the great general can't pass thru the tile occupied by a foreign worker to get to his destination (with 2 movement points remaining). The same thing happens with workers, but not with military units. I think this a 1upt bug.

EDIT: Removed the savegame because I'm near my quota limit.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 280
Are you at war with them? If you are, I don't think it's a bug. There is no pass through for units at war.

Are you at war with them? If you are, I don't think it's a bug. There is no pass through for units at war.

No, I'm not at war with them. In fact, I can pass thru the tile with a military unit (my longsworman) but not with my general (or worker). It seems a 1upt bug with non military units.

The great general is a GP, and all GPs are civil units, so this is not a bug (unless i miss something).

My point is why can't civil units to cross a tile occupied by a foreign unit, while military units are allowed to do so. I don't understand why. I think any kind of unit (military or civil) should be able to pass thru an ocuppied tile if it has enough movement points to end on a free tile.

It is indeed a bug... Experienced this many times. Seems like the game thinks the general can't enter the target hex because it is occupied and as such can't move thorugh an occupied hex because its movement would end in an occupied hex.

I can confirm this happening, and agree that this is a bug, but this thread should be renamed to be more descriptive of the more general (no pun intended) problem, rather than just this specific case.

The problem is not limited to generals not being able to cross through foreign workers.

It is that all civilian units cannot cross through any foreign units, even though all military units pass through foreign units just fine.

I can confirm this happening, and agree that this is a bug, but this thread should be renamed to be more descriptive of the more general (no pun intended) problem, rather than just this specific case.

The problem is not limited to generals not being able to cross through foreign workers.

It is that all civilian units cannot cross through any foreign units, even though all military units pass through foreign units just fine.

Confirmed and agree with the description of EndoConvert.

You're right. I've changed the thread's title to describe the broader issue.

Edited: It seems I can't change the thread's title. I've only been able to change my first post title. Maybe it can only be edited by a moderator?

I can confirm

Confirmed

Thanks Moderator Action: Thread moved and listed.

You're right. I've changed the thread's title to describe the broader issue.

Edited: It seems I can't change the thread's title. I've only been able to change my first post title. Maybe it can only be edited by a moderator?

You're right and Moderator Action: Thread title changed.

And thanks Pep for all the bug reports, we need people who want to help with improving the game :).

This bug can actually be quite annoying: when you are trying to move your army through the territory of a friendly civ (via Open Borders) to reach your enemy, if you're playing on higher difficulties like Immortal or Deity, civs have carpets of doom through which navigating can be quite a challenge. Your GG gets stuck and lags behind your army because unlike your rank-and-file military units, it can't pass through foreign units.

Top Bottom