[R&F] Patch broke Civ VI

Absolutly no changes on lower resolutions, always the same screens or "We recommend disabling any mods"... with all mods desactivated.
2 days without Civ, it was a long time it didn't happen to me

C:\Users\victoria\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs\database.log shows -

[1025281.152] [FullTextSearch]: Initializing FullTextSearch
[1025281.734] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: Kinds.Kind
[1025281.735] [Gameplay]: While executing - 'insert into Kinds('Kind') values (?);'
[1025281.735] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Kinds('Kind') with values (KIND_HAPPINESS, ).
[1025281.736] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while updating table Kinds from file Happinesses - Copy.xml.

... will try deleting this extra file I had created in the past.

EDIT, well that got me further
So it looks like it will load all files in the base gameplay directory now, if you had a copy in there like I did ... fails... so check your dblog file like shown above for errors... I had a file called Happinesses - Copy.xml that I had messed with and left and it tried to load that too! removed it and I have Simon on the screen... but I play a turn and it crashes. ogs show nothing
Getting this at EOT1 processing
upload_2020-5-22_17-29-33.png

based on my first error I am tempted to uninstall, delete my directories then re-install.

EDIT: I uninstalled, deleted both civilization VI directories and all is well

Last edited:
Thanks a lot.
My database.log shows also old files like
[1018695.010] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Kinds('Kind') with values (KIND_CIVILIZATION, ).
[1018695.010] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while updating table Kinds from file Civilizations_modif.xml.

I try to uninstall and delete all the directories, and i'll see.

C:\Users\victoria\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs\database.log shows -

[1025281.735] [Gameplay]: While executing - 'insert into Kinds('Kind') values (?);'
[1025281.735] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Kinds('Kind') with values (KIND_HAPPINESS, ).
[1025281.736] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while updating table Kinds from file Happinesses - Copy.xml.

So it looks like it will load all files in the base gameplay directory now, if you had a copy in there like I did ... fails... so check your dblog file like shown above for errors... I had a file called Happinesses - Copy.xml that I had messed with and left and it tried to load that too! removed it and I have Simon on the screen... but I play a turn and it crashes. ogs show nothing
View attachment 556757

based on my first error I am tempted to uninstall, delete my directories then re-install.[/

Hi Victoria. This seems to be the same logged error as me. I have uninstalled and re-installed game twice with deletion of local files without success. Hope you have better luck.

I have uninstalled and re-installed game twice with deletion of local files without success.
All local files? Because mine worked (well past the T1 EOT), just finished dinner so will check more after.
There is the entire directory where the configuration lives and one where the logs and settings are.
Post the entire database.log?

Hi again.

Good to hear you have been successful. My database log is:-

[1035496.385] [Localization]: StartupErrorMessages.xml
[1035496.385] [Localization]: Input XML does not contain database entry tags. GameData, GameInfo or Database
[1035501.526] [Localization]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[1035501.527] [Localization]: Passed Validation.
[1035501.695] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[1035501.695] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[1035503.881] [FullTextSearch]: Initializing FullTextSearch
[1035505.901] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[1035505.918] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
[1035508.506] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[1035508.507] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[1035510.352] [HallofFame]: Database found. Checking versions...
[1035510.361] [HallofFame]: Database is up-to-date!
[1035530.799] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[1035537.565] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[1035537.566] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[1035559.706] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[1035559.735] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
[1035568.664] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[1035568.664] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[1035569.316] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[1035569.732] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[1035571.575] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context

Not sure I see any issues but I am no expert. Cheers.

Not sure I see any issues but I am no expert. Cheers.
neither am I... that looks fine but does not show your constraint issue.
When I tried just now I got a graphic failure and went back to DX11 which is working fine.
I am assuming all your logs show no error, neither did mine before I uninstalled but I do know I had messed with the DB hence killing all file systems.

neither am I... that looks fine but does not show your constraint issue.
When I tried just now I got a graphic failure and went back to DX11 which is working fine.
I am assuming all your logs show no error, neither did mine before I uninstalled but I do know I had messed with the DB hence killing all file systems.
Thanks for looking. I will check my other logs tomorrow but I have been conscipted into a Zoom village quiz for rest of the night!

Has anyone discovered what went wrong with the Language systems since the NFP patch?

Cuz.. most of my text strings (in various menus & other descriptions) have been converted to German rather than the pre-determined English defaults. It's as if the Localization XML resources were borked up or the Data streaming itself can't re-organize any of the updates within the local assets anymore.

I expect an emergency fix by Firaxis at most early next week for this major flaw.. but still, if some modder(s) already found some facts & ideally -- a swift solution, please share with us all!

Ok :goodjob:

After uninstalling and deleting directory, now it works. Lady SS made a crash the first time i wanted to play, but now it'good, also with SB.
Just have to check all the mods now ... when you used to have them, it(s difficult to play base game.
But i can play........ that the best!!!!

I can't see any obvious issues with my logs but have made some further investigations this morning. The benchmark graphics option works fine for base game but crashes in GS mode. Similarly, I can load AND EVEN PLAY a vanilla game with all mods disabled (R&F, GS etc; I don't have any unofficial mods) but even adding just R&F crashes game. Small victories.

I can't see any obvious issues with my logs but have made some further investigations this morning. The benchmark graphics option works fine for base game but crashes in GS mode. Similarly, I can load AND EVEN PLAY a vanilla game with all mods disabled (R&F, GS etc; I don't have any unofficial mods) but even adding just R&F crashes game. Small victories.
Strangely enough, while you do technically have enough ram, we are seeing some out of memory errors in the logging you sent us. Are you running any additional heavy apps at the same time?

No I am not running anything else at all (except Steam). I always shut down other apps before playing Civ. I have done memory checks with task manager during one of my crashes and it was reading 4-5GB use (about half my RAM). Screenshot attached, alongside similar shot during a working game (all mods disabled except Scout Cat!):- one "mod" / dlc is allowed, but if I enable more than one games crashes on leader launch screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    3.2 MB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    4.1 MB · Views: 87
Strangely enough, while you do technically have enough ram, we are seeing some out of memory errors in the logging you sent us. Are you running any additional heavy apps at the same time?
Okay. I "borrowed" an additional 8GB memory for a test which looked promising so bought myself 16GB of new DDR3 RAM (1866MHz) and now everyting seems to work okay with all Mods enabled (GS benchmark screenshot attached:- note still using less than 8GB RAM). Seems that not all 8GB RAM are equal!! Not sure I would fancy playing GS NFP with only your minimum spec of 4GB RAM.

Many thanks for the online assistance on the forum, I much appreciate the Firaxian input. I hope mine was the last issue sorted. Taken me back to troubleshooting and upgrading performance of our home PCs with my sons at the kitchen table in the 1990s.

Attachments

• Screenshot (16).png
    Screenshot (16).png
    5 MB · Views: 87
Jus

View attachment 556757

based on my first error I am tempted to uninstall, delete my directories then re-install.

EDIT: I uninstalled, deleted both civilization VI directories and all is well

Just a dumb question how do you uninstall properly (through steam Or windows?)

I would have thought either would be fine but I did mine through steam. However it does leave files in place and certainly my issue would not have gone without killing those files.

Jus

I completey uninstalled game through Windows, deleting the Civ6 directory in C: MyGames AND the Civ6 directory in C:program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common before reinstalling through Steam.

Top Bottom