PBEM Game Anyone?

Ohwell

Deity
Anyone want to play a PBEM?

If so, tell a scenario you would like to play.

Also, how do you negotiate with other Humans? I read the FAQ but I don't get it. Is it like the Multiplayer Negotiate? Or is it AI? If it is AI then how do you negotiate?

Sure count me in. I would like to play a WWII scenario if possible. Just saw this type of Multiplayer game today. I gets a bit boring playing against the IA and my brother.

Negotiations go through the forum i gues, and than give techs for instance to each other.

If you are wanting to play WWII just reply to my thread or drop me an email. I prefer to play Soviet. It would be better to play multiplayer real time though.

Support the Komitet Gosudarstevvnoy Bezopasti (The Agency formerly known as the NKVD)

Hey I am willing to join a good game of WWII

Should be interesting.

So yah count me in :)

Originally posted by Ohwell

Also, how do you negotiate with other Humans? I read the FAQ but I don't get it. Is it like the Multiplayer Negotiate? Or is it AI? If it is AI then how do you negotiate?

Negotiation takes place outside the game between players. You can agree to whatever you like, trading cities or techs. The tricky part is implementing things. So if you wanted an alliance to get rid of ZOC, you would first have to set the attitude towards each other to worshipful and then one human player would propose to the AI of the other player.

Negotiation with AI tribes is as per single-player games.

I mostly play sci-fi and fantasy scenarios so I can't really recommend any WWII scenario - well other than ZWK for which a game is going on below, if only because I authored it.

There is another scenario which could be ok called 'Second World War' by Eivind Evenson in the downloads section - no guarantees.

There've been several sucessful games of Marko's 'The Struggle for Europe'

Originally posted by Case
There've been several sucessful games of Marko's 'The Struggle for Europe'

I must disagree. I wanted to mention TSFE but it is very complicated for novices and the only reason the current PBEM is running smoothly is because Marko is in control. For example, he recently posted

ATTENTION! SEASON CHANGE!

For everybody:

Before starting your November turn, run MULTI.BAT and choose Change Season (option 2), then select Winter 1940/41 (option 2). I already loaded Winter events to the savegame.

and as I mentioned in the other thread, the correct thing to do is to start a PBEM thread stating the scenario you want to use and then let players sign up - not ask "who wants to play PBEM now?"

Originally posted by Henrik
Hrm, Kobayashi I really sugest you take a look at the attachement I posted in the FAQ thread...

I have looked at it. What exactly do you want me to do? I really know nothing about Mac so if I put anything in the FAQ it would just be an exact copy of what you have already attached. I think I will just refer to the attachment. Yes That's what I'll do.

Originally posted by kobayashi

I must disagree. I wanted to mention TSFE but it is very complicated for novices and the only reason the current PBEM is running smoothly is because Marko is in control. For example, he recently posted

ATTENTION! SEASON CHANGE!

For everybody:

Before starting your November turn, run MULTI.BAT and choose Change Season (option 2), then select Winter 1940/41 (option 2). I already loaded Winter events to the savegame.

I feel need to clarify :)

Playing TSFE multiplayer is not more complicated than playing it as single player. If somebody has played the scenario before then he has no problems in PBEM.

The same is about any scenario which has summer/winter rules. There have been successful PBEM games with Mike's Second Reich what also uses multiple files.

Top Bottom