PCX maker of the Month: June 2006 jury thread

Which file should be the PCX of the Month, June 2006?

• Weasel Op - Medieval/Fantasy Game Setup Screens

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Varwnos - Timisoara orthodox cathedral

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Maîsse Arsouye - Sahara Cities

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • LizardmenRule! - Skaven Warrens (Cities)

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • The Last Conformist - Opal

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Last Conformist said:
I'll confess to a certain curiosity as to who voted for me. :)

(I voted for Weasel Op myself.)

I did vote on you, but to be completely honest i clicked the wrong one. I meant to vote on Varwnos cathedral...I don't know how this happened :confused:

I'll be on holydays for the next two weeks. This is my last connection until july the 23rd. So I allready congratulate the winner, and I think we all know who's gonna win ;)

Weasel Op : :goodjob:

Yeah, he only has as many votes as all the other contestants COMBINED....

Yeah, I'm dissapointed too! But if you ignore the votes for Weasel Op, varwnos has 4 votes less than twice all the other votes combined!

But even though your creation didn't make it, I'll be much more interested to see the results of the next competition!

You had my vote though, V... ;)

And we have a clear victory for Weasel Op's fantasy setup screen.

His is the title of the "PCX Maker of the Month, June 2006", the new and restyled trophy and eternal fame for one month...

Thanks to Thunderfall the results of these competitions will also be posted on the frontpage of CFC. He was also so kind to add two new smilies to the list that the winner can use in his signature:trophy: and :trophy2: Now he has everything to show off his victory!

Congratulations to Weasel Op and thanks to all the participants... ;)

Congrats Weasel. But i really wanted the cathedral to win. :cry:

varwnos said:
I am very dissapointed :p (sore loser, i know)
I will probably not enter anything next month

You should enter. Your entry did well. I voted for it as the best graphic in this round, so did many others...

These contests are always fun. There should be no ego attached to them. The winner should be proud of course, but the total popularity of the item is not neccessarily measured.
For example, TLC finished in last place.... but even so he might have been everyone's number 2 or 3 choice, and still might prove to be the most popular overall.
The fact is that these contests are a way to showcase your stuff, and have a chance at a little graphical trophy. But, the vote total is not a judgement on how good or bad it is. Just on what % of the voters thought yours was their favorite.

Congrats Captain Sparrow.... Er I mean Weasel OP! That must have took some serious work, and I'm half tempted to publicly release my Final Fantasy style Menu and advisor screens (when finished, that is) in a future still graphics contest.

And Vwarnos: I finished MUCH worse than you did in the Unit Maker's challenge, but I'm still (like the crazy fool I am) gonna enter something this month. I thought your submission was the second best outta this month's contributions, and if Weasel hadn't entered, it would have got my vote.

Congratulations Weasel Op. Great work.:goodjob:

Top Bottom