Sorry Gekko, I'm literally working 24/7 on my MM update at the moment. I might be able to look at it in 2 weeks or so, but hopefully Andy can help you sooner hehe. Couple additional points on my previous post: It's actually slightly more complicated than that, b/c I set the percentages to ignore Peaks in the 3.2 update. Peaks do have terrain types underneath them, but their values are irrelevant for gameplay purposes since all Peaks are functionally the same, so Desert is really "18% of non-Peak landmass tiles". If you have a lot of Peaks running through your big deserts, for example, you'll see a lot of sand at the bases of your mountain ranges, but it won't affect global terrain composition like it did before. Early on in the 3.2 update, I DID experiment with giving low rainfall priority over low temperature. By that I mean the 18% lowest-rainfall tiles were set to Desert first, then the coldest of the remaining 82% of land tiles were set to Snow and Tundra, then the tiles remaining after that were split into Plains and Grassland based on rainfall. The idea was to live or die by the "desert means dry, not hot" rule they teach you in school. The problem was that yellow/orange sand just looks freakin terrible in the polar regions. I'm sorry, but it does. So I wound up doing it the way I did instead, which is also how Cephalo had it. He just didn't use locked percentages on the rainfall-based stuff, so while Snow and Tundra were constant before, Desert, Plains and Grassland amounts varied widely depending on landmass shapes in previous versions of PM and PW. While that's technically more realistic, I decided it was much better for gameplay to make sure all terrain types were always well-represented in every game. It can marginalize too many techs - and the units, buildings and improvements they unlock - otherwise. This is also why I converted Jungle over to being percent-based as well in version 3.2.1, which I haven't released b/c it's a more questionable thing to do than locking all terrain amounts was. In order to guarantee the required amount of Jungle, it will spawn it fairly far away from the equator when necessary (due to lack of land in the tropics some of the time), which can look a little weird. I still prefer it this way though, b/c otherwise Jungle-based game elements can get short-changed. (Or they can be overpowered if the reverse is true and there's tons of land in the tropics, heh.) But I'm not releasing this change unless people want me to. It WILL be in the MongooseMod version though, so the code can be lifted from there once I post it if you really want it. (I also changed Oasis placement to be rainfall-based, but without the Scrub feature to reinforce that design I'm not sure it'd be a good idea to do in vanilla, vs random Oasis placement.) Okay, shutting up now, gotta get back to work.