Performance problems

Haig

Deity
My computer runs games like Civ VI and Battlefield V flawlessly, but when on highest settings Old World seems to stutter.

Anyone noticing that the game seems very demanding of computer or is it problem in my video card?

My computer runs games like Civ VI and Battlefield V flawlessly, but when on highest settings Old World seems to stutter.

Anyone noticing that the game seems very demanding of computer or is it problem in my video card?
Pretty much what Zarkon said, there'll be a lot of optimisation to come. I turned the settings down the medium and turned off what I normally do (bloom, etc.) and it's okay, but it isn't the smoothest.

Performance was still semi decent towards the end game in the smallest map and 4 civs. Now Im' playing a slightly bigger map with 6 civs, and the performance problems have made it unplayable and I am only in mid game (i.e., 3 ambitions accomplished).

I set the graphics settings to the lowest possible but it maybe helped performance by like 10%, but still unplayable.

FWIW I think my specs are:

AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core
Processor 3.50 GHz
8.00GB Ram
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10

Someone please tell me if i'm living in the stone age

Performance was still semi decent towards the end game in the smallest map and 4 civs. Now Im' playing a slightly bigger map with 6 civs, and the performance problems have made it unplayable and I am only in mid game (i.e., 3 ambitions accomplished).

I set the graphics settings to the lowest possible but it maybe helped performance by like 10%, but still unplayable.

FWIW I think my specs are:

AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core
Processor 3.50 GHz
8.00GB Ram
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10

Someone please tell me if i'm living in the stone age
No, I don't think you are. But you've not given specs for your graphics card there, which will also play a big part.

However, this week's patch seems to have made the game perform worse for me.

The game turns nearly unplayable for me as years go by. It runs perfectly fine at first, but later it becomes slower and slower until it just crashes. It´s in early access, so it´s just a matter of time it gets better - I hope, because I love the game.

The game turns nearly unplayable for me as years go by. It runs perfectly fine at first, but later it becomes slower and slower until it just crashes. It´s in early access, so it´s just a matter of time it gets better - I hope, because I love the game.

I think this was in another thread but someone suggested saving and quitting the game as soon as they start seeing the yellow text on the upper left hand corner (I think they say something about like memory is overloaded or something like that), then restarting the game. I also had major performance problems towards the late game routinely, to the point of freezing and crashing. But since using this trick, it's been working. However my hypothesis is that you have to quit right away when you see the yellow text - if you let it go on and on, your game will be screwed even if you restart.

However this is all just based on what i've done so far so i don't know if that's the cause. But maybe you should try it and see what you think.

I think this was in another thread but someone suggested saving and quitting the game as soon as they start seeing the yellow text on the upper left hand corner (I think they say something about like memory is overloaded or something like that), then restarting the game. I also had major performance problems towards the late game routinely, to the point of freezing and crashing. But since using this trick, it's been working. However my hypothesis is that you have to quit right away when you see the yellow text - if you let it go on and on, your game will be screwed even if you restart.

However this is all just based on what i've done so far so i don't know if that's the cause. But maybe you should try it and see what you think.

Yep, thanks, I read this around here too, but I didn´t notice the text. I should stay alert for it. In any case it must be as you say, that the game somehow gets "corrupted" the more time you play without restarting and it affects the save, because I´m experiencing huge slowdowns even after reloading. So as soon as it appears you should save and quit.

Top Bottom