Personal Hall of Fame reset

bragaul

Chieftain
Hi there, anyone else notice that upon installing G&K that your personal Hall of Fame with completed games was reset? My replays are still there.

Is it possible to import the old scores into G&K or are the vanilla scores incompatible? Since I keep my saves, I was just wondering if I should load up my old wins and add them that way. I'm just not sure if vanilla games have a separate high score than G&K though.

I've actually opened up my halloffamedatabase.db with an sql editor and the old saves are there. Maybe the GK file is not in the /mygames/civV/Replays?

Interesting, when I try to load a replay from vanilla it reads "Invalid or outdated replay file." I'm assuming this is because the vanilla content was changed as well with G&K and that would mess up the expansion if trying to load them. i.e. They're not backwards compatible.

I've actually opened up my halloffamedatabase.db with an sql editor and the old saves are there. Maybe the GK file is not in the /mygames/civV/Replays?

This file contains also the G&K entities, so the question is: does any1 know how the game recognizes which entities are from Vanilla and which are from G&K? How can we merge to one hall of fame?

Probably it does recognize it from GameEndTime column. But does any1 have a clue how?

The hall of fame is now tied to the mods enabled when you view it, AIUI.

If you disable G+K in the mod selection screen, you can view your vanilla HoF.

Yes I have figured it out. But because I won't play vanilla any more (I think so), I would like to see the previous HoF also while playing G&K, to compare scores etc.

I haven't paid much attention to the HOF since noticing that scenarios distort my results. Scenarios have custom victory conditions and points, but when you finish a scenario is is listed in the HOF along with all of the normal games. Several scenarios are (or were prior to G&K) at the top of my HOF and others were mixed in. In addition to the scenario muddying up the HOF entries, the score assigned to different difficulty/map size/game speed settings makes it hard to compare results. It would be nice if there were a more meaningful way to compare previous games.

Also, when I got the Hot Fix for the fall patch, all of my old saves were wiped out and my autosave settings were changed. If that's important to you make sure to back up anything you want and change your settings back. I only found out because I was going to submit a CF HOF game. I only had 7 auto saves and they were every 10 turns. I'd lost all of my previous auto saves.

Top Bottom