Piffle.war. intel

robboo

Deity
Sweet told me that they are shocked that we know they were attacking just not where. (I bluffed) They are nervous.

I also relayed Robi's "One city is forgiven two cities mean a fight to the death." I also told him that we would consider a permanent non-aggression pact if they would help us kill Epsilon. We would co-oridinate techs and military. ( we can beat them to space).

He says that any trades would have stopped this. So we should learn from that, should have sent them a resource and still attacked them.( I have to rememebr this for PBEMS and pitboss).

In general Piffle is impulsive. I dont think they thought this out completely. I also get that tubby and Whomp along with a handful of others are the driving force of the decisions. Sweat seems to be in a vocal minority....so maybe he can convince them of their folly. He admits that their game is over if we have a drawn out war.

Just to enlighten everyone on another thing.
At one stage the night before i was talking with Whomp and BC was there as well. Whomp floated the idea that they would stop the war if we ditched Innovia in favour of Piffle and combine to go after Epsilon.

Personally this makes no sense at all because both Epsilon and Innovia would feel unhappy at the sudden abandonment and most likely join themseves which in effect retain the current status.

but could it delay it long enough for us to prepare. do they want to attack innovia or just not trade?

Delay who, Piffle?

Well their was no mention of attacking Innovia but he ment severing all ties.
He was also very vague on how our arrangement would work, but i get the feeling we would be asked to follow their lead.

The thing is i don't think even Whomp had an idea on how to make it work

well try it...see if you can get details..but tell them if the attack continues and we lose another city the deal may get tougher to sell

I have sent this PM to Whomp. Didn't really know what to say so i kept it simple.

I see your preparing for a second strike. I'm guessing this is the last chance to avert a prolonged conflict.

In case you doubt our ability to defend ourselves you might want to check the latest power numbers. So throw something at me we still have a couple of day to step away from the brink.

Ball is in their court.

We will know their opinion when we get the turn back because they know to have a chance of a quick victory they have to act fast so they wont be pausing unless they decide to seek a deal.

If they do, it will be difficult to run things passed you due to the short time frame, so give me your opinion on the bottom line for us.
This is what i'm working on for now.

-Return of our 2 workers
-No new deals with Innovia, but we get to finish our outstanding deals
-Piffle do likewise with Epsilon
-Non Aggression treat for a long time ( 50 turns + )

and if we are to cooperate on taking on Epsilon
-gold for lost city (i'm thinking around 100g)
-some techs to catch us up.

in return we can offer military units (most likely cossasks) and resources

If you disagree speak now or hold your peace:)

do it.... anything that gives us a chance

24 hrs and no word from whomp. The save is now with Loco.

Either they have decided to attack or they are waiting to see what our power numbers are, otherwise he would have sent something to me

my gut says they take the capital then offer us some riduculous vassalship.

They have to take the capital first which is no means certain and at that stage negotiations cease.

I'm hoping to get a hold of Innovia to find out if the end of their pointless war has taken a few turns off Astronomy.

whats the odds on losing aloha..gut feeling. will it come down to luck (RNG)?

My gut feeling is it will be close.

Even with all the defensive bonus 7 cats will do a bit of collateral damage as it isn't proportional, so luck (rng) will be a big factor so fingers crossed.

Personally i'm owed some luck from other games, hope that counts for something.

From the forums i see Loco will play their turn in about 5 hours so we will know soon enough.

Top Bottom