Pillars of the Earth

Horem

Emperor
The Pillars of the Earth(Discontinued)

ATTENTION!

This mod is now a Modcomp for HCCMP. An update to this mod can be found here. It is listed on the second post.

Current Version:- TPoTE(v9) AFFECTS SAVED GAMES!
Current Map Version:- TPoTE v7

Due to a Hard Disk failer I have lost the Solution to this mod, it is there for Suspended for the forseable future.

Welcome to The Pillars of the Earth(No idea why its called this it just is, I was watching a TV program called this while I was playing around with the SDK and liked it!), This mod is currently in experimental stages and will span from 4000bc too around 1800AD. It is based in and around Europe, with a bit of Africa & The Middle East. There will be heavy focus on the Middle Ages.

The Scenario/Map provided may or may not be balanced, the Civs in and around The Middle East might be a bit crowded, I have tried to give each civ a bit of breathing room by moving them slightly from thier RL starting locations.

WHEN UPDATING to a new version. Please delete the old version from your mods folder (...Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/MODS).

Mod Goals

The Aim of this mod is to make a conversion to span 4000bc-1800ad, with heavy focus on the Middle ages, this will include new Civilizations, Technologies(Currently been worked on), Units, Building, Wonders and possibly events.

Alas I am just one person, and my modding skills are a bit limited, XML I can do, mostly. But this is where I run out of skills :(
If you feel you could be appart of a project like this, I would be eternaly greatfull to you for your assistance.

Currently looking for someone to make Icons and Art for New Technologies, I am in no way an artist and my few attempts have been less than hopefull. Also for Units and Buildings I know this in itself is a big project and I am hoping over time some of you will make random buildings(ie. like the Steel Foundry) and I hope to include some of these if they fit in with the mod to make things easier.

Probably someone with Lua experience. Not sure how much Lua is going to be needed in a mod like this.

Author's Comment's

The mod loads and seems to play fine with a random map and ALL the vanilla Civs plus the 6 Extras.

Scenario Provided is based off Dales Europe map that was edited by Erman. Map Name TPoTE v7, for the true starting locations to work you must check Load Scenario!
There is no Time Limit, Domination and Culture Victories only. Epic Speed.

Mod now available on the in game Browser.

Known Issues

For some people to get the Scenario to work, you MUST move it from the Map folder in the Mods directory to your Maps folder in ...Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Maps. (Make sure Civ V is not running) (Maybe an Action needs adding to the Action List to stop this???) Not sure whats causing this issue tbh.

When loading the Scenario, the six new Civs do not display properly but as Random Civilizations, this is incorrect, they are Venice(Top), Spain, Carthage, Poland, Austria & Vikings(Bottom). Absolutly no clue what causes this anoying bug and any help with it would be greatfull. (Only seems to happen when you first boot up Civ5 and try it, quiting a game and going back to the main menu to start another game and they show up as they should.)

Playable Civilizations
Spoiler :

New Civilizations

Venetian Republic
Spanish Empire
Carthagian Empire
The Vikings
Polish Commonwealth
Austrian Empire

Vanilla Civilizations

Ottomans
Greece
Russia
Egypt
Rome
Persia
England
Germany
France
Arabia

Included Mods

New Technologies

Spoiler :

Early Middle Ages
Coinage
Heavy Plow
Arabic Numerals
Stirrup
Scale Armour

High Middle Ages
Mounted Rudders
Spurs
Horse SHoes
Chain Armour
Hourglass
Blast Furnace
Longbow
Combined Arms

Late Middle Ages
Mechanical Clocks
Oil Painting
Steel Crossbow
Rolling Mill
Corned Gunpowder

Age of Discovery
Drydock
Newspaper
Crop Rotation
Grenade Musket

Credits/Special Thanks

Spoiler :

Kael for his wonderfull Civ V Guide to Modding & Legions Mod.
Joschka for the Danish Civ.
Molnutz for the Carthage & Viking's Civ's.
The Slayer for the Spanish Civ.
Opera for the Venice Republic.
Csebal for the Mouseover Popups.
Thalassicus for his Balance - Combined(All bah Gradual Research).
Dale & Erlan for the Map. (UK and Ireland Edited by me to look a bit more like the UK and Ireland)
Dale for Hardwood Recourse mod.
Gairne for the Topbar Mod.
Afforess for ACD & Tech Deffusion.
Emerald_Knight for the Morocco Civ.
Piotr L for the Polish Civilization.
Nights for Number Diplomacy.
Damocles for the Scouting for Boys mod.
Gilestiel for [UI] All Promotions.
ArbogLi for Random Events
KillMePlease for Emigration events.
ArgentumStudios for AgS - Resource Panel
greyTiger for Horticulture
Albert "Einstein" Dunberg for Demographs
Mynex for Naval Buildings.
ArgentumStudios for AgS Recource Panel

Version History

Spoiler :

Version 9

Horticulture Mod added.
New Demographs
Updated Balance - Combined to latest Version (Bah Gradual Research and Embarkation).
Added Naval Pack.
Added Legions.
Random Events added.
Emigration Mod added.
Updated to Unoffical Patch v15

Version 8

Austrian Civilization added.
Polish Civilization added.
Scenario Redone.
Removed Morocco Civ(Unstable).

Version 7 (Closed Testing Only)

Morroco Cilvilization Added.
Vikings Civilizations added.
Balance - Special & Great People added.
Tach Deffusion mod added.
Dale's Hardwood Recourse added.
Updated to Unoffical Patch v13
New Tech Tree

Version6

[UI] All Promotions modcomp added.
Updated the Unoffical Patch to v9
Tech Tree opened up as far as Renaissance with 3 Industrial Techs (Vanilla Techs).
Some Technology tweaks.
Removale of some unused files.

Version 5

Venice Rebublic Fix.
Cosmetic Techtree change.

Version 4

Carthaginian Civilization Added
Updated Scenario.

Version 3

Spainish Empire Added.
Updated Scenario.

Version 2

Venice Rebublic Added.
Updated Scenario.

Version 1

First Release.

I hate to be petty and I dont want to come off as mean but....

Can you change the title of Pillar's of the Earth to

Pillars of the Earth?

Looking forward to trying this!

Welcome to Pillars of the Earth(No idea why its called this it just is, I was watching a TV program called this while

tv program? It was one of the most famous books of the last decade. And no I didn't read it and no Im not playing the smart guy, since its more a popular book than an intellectual one. I'm just surprised you havent heard about it.
When it was released you could see 5 ppl reading it each time you took a bus.

They made a serie about the book now, that's what you've been watching

Is that my Venetian Republic or yours?

Really looking forward to a Medieval mod :D (though Renaissance would be nice for Venice... ah, well...)

Yours I do belive mate, I only saw it on here a few hrs ago, was plannign on poking your thread for permision for use. Just havnt gotten to it yet, been concentrating on gettign a working copy of the mod out to the general public.

And on that Note..........V1 up for download here at Fanatics (on the browser once Gamespy stops acting funkey)

downloaded it via mod browser, installed it, the custom scenario/map is in the mod list and loads, but somehow the pillars of the earth mod doesnt appear on my list to check whether to activate or not, so i cant start the map with it... yet is says it is installed.

Version 3 is now available for download, Spain & Venice included. With a Scenario adjusted for the extra Civs.

Hmm thats odd Azzedar, i'll have a look into it, meanwhile try V3 ;)

Edit:

I just Downloaded v3 Via the in game browser and it installed just fine. If your still having issues make another post.

When you chose the Map, what does it display as? TPoTE V3? You need this version for the 2 extra civs to show, it is included with the mod but you need to move it to your maps folder as explained in the first post.

Version v4 Now available, Carthage Civ Added! Updated Scenario.

Hi!
I just started playing and it looks very nice so far.. but I have something wrong.

Instead of some of names (as for ex.: Madrid or Venice) it says "txt_key_city_name_madrid"
It happens with some city names & some civ/leaders names. What did I do wrong?

Best regards

Sounds like a typo in the XML somewhere, does it just happen when you play with Venice or does it also happen with other Civs'?

Hmm, I can not seem to duplicate the error with the Text_Key_, however I am trying with v6(in testing). Maybe try redownloading v5? You need to remove any older version for your mod directory, since the InGame Browser doesnt seem to remove old versions when a new one comes out.

Top Bottom