Pingala and Oracle, how do they stack ?

Datian

Warlord
Pingala's third promotion and Oracle both double the number of GPP you can earn in a city.

I was wondering if it was more beneficial to put them both in the same city, or to spread them. In other words, do their effects simply stack (2x100%) or multiply each other (100%, then 100% again, which mean 400%)

Imagine two cities, with the same districts and buildings, both generate 4 great merchant points per turn.
If the bonuses simply stack, I can put Pingala and the Oracle in the same city, which will get 12 GM points, and nothing in the other, which will simply get 4 points, for a sum of 16 ; it's the same as if I had built the Oracle in a city (8 points) and put Pingala in the other (8 points too), the sum is the same.

However, if they multiply each other, it's better to have them both in the same city, which will get 16 points, while the other gets 4, for a sum of 20.

They multiply each other.
However, the Oracle doesn't work like you think it does. It doesn't double the GPP generated, it instead adds +2 to each district. So with Pingala in a city with the Oracle and a campus (without a library) you'll get (1+2)*2=6 Great Scientist points per turn. With a library it will be (1+1+2)*2=8, etc.

Thank you for the clarification. Same city it is then !

Top Bottom