1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

pirate coves

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by DarkxL0rd, Mar 8, 2010.

1. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Warlord

How do you make pirate coves? i was playing through the scenarios and couldn't figure it out. what units and techs do you need?

2. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Only the Lanun can make Pirate Coves. You do it with workboats.

3. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Warlord

PLease tell me how exactly. I had workboats going everywhere and didnt see a button or anything. I checked the civopedia and no answers there. and yes I know only the lanun can.

4. rvarnell

rvarnell Chieftain

You create a workboat, sail it out to the coast, and you'll notice a spell or activity icon at the bottom of the page. Click that icon & you'll create a pirate's cove. Pirate's coves will give you additional gold, food, and hammers from ocean tiles. Try to space them out appropriately, as the closest together you can put them is 3 spaces.

5. Emptiness

Emptiness []

If you are using Patch H you won't be able to create coves because of a bug. That bug is fixed in Patch I.

6. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

It's been a while since I played the Lanun, but my recollection is the same as rvarnell's. I do remember that pirate coves have to built on a water tile adjacent to land.

You said that you were playing the scenarios. I haven't played the FfH Scenarios, so I don't know, but is it possible that Pirate Coves were removed or disabled in one or more of the scenarios?

And as Emptiness pointed out, if you're playing patch H then update to the latest patch, because there was a bug that prevented building Pirate Coves.