Pirates II

Cilpot

Pretentious Schmuck
Does anybody know any links to sites that have any rumors about the most awaited sequel since Civ III? I'm getting really anxious to find out what the game will be like ;)

You're not the only one, Cilpot. I can't wait to find any new details about this game as they come along. The only site I really know of so far is the Atari US website, but that only has limited details at this current stage.

www.firaxis.com has a link or two to various sites with previews of the game. If you like Pirates! I recommend Port Royale. It is the second best best pirate game after Pirates!

I can't wait.

I would suggest they get with Lucas Arts for some tips on Swordplay ala Jedi Knight II.

I also hope they don't make the sailing too technical. I liked the originals system of point the ship where you want to go and it figures out how fast you get there. Sails up or down and that was it. I don't want to have to know the best configuration for a Fluyt running before the wind and then tacking into it to engage a sloop that has gotten ahead of the chasing posse.

In the original you didn't have to know the best point for the wind direction was say, a broad reach, but if you chose to use it, all the better for you. Any more than that would be too much I think.

What is Pirates?

There is a site that has details on Pirates2! Not alot is known about the game, but it is supposed to be released Q1, 2004. We can only hope

The site is called 'Cutlass Isle'. You may find it useful. The address is:
http://pirates.crydee.net/

The freeware version is basically a remake of the original IIRC. It would be nothing like the Official Pirates 2!

KingWilly: I'm already a member at pirates.crydee.net :) That site is showing great potential!

Anyway, since June (when I started this thread) a lot of new information have arised.

Yeah, I notice you were already a member cilpot. I just thought I'd let other fans know of this site. Maybe it could end up being as big as CivFanatics :lol:

(Maybe by the time they bring out Pirates 3!)

Top Bottom